Posts by dtech

gthebest

Which image do you use on your box, the MXIII-Plus or the Universal-n200?

Code: dmesg
    [   20.491487@1] F1 signature read @0x18000000=0x16044330
    [   20.494313@1] F1 signature OK, socitype:0x1 chip:0x4330 rev:0x4 pkg:0x0

Based on your previous dmesg, you have an AP6330 wifi chip, so wifi can only work with the Universal-n200-S812_2G-AP6330 image.

Please give it a try if you are using the MXIII-Plus image now, because it is 99% that it will work afterwards.

The situation was the same here: #471, and the answer (with installing the remote control config): #472.

wetek77

Please try this snapshot image: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/snapshots/20220502/

Hello everyone. I have a MXIII-G with libreelec 9.2.8.3 installed. Today I try to connect my TV box with wifi by my smartphone Hotspot but unfortunately I can't see my wifi network to the connections menu. Anyone can help me ?

Unfortunately, there is no solution to most wifi connectivity issues, the wifi drivers integrated into the 3.10/3.14 kernel are obsolete. #500

I need to know where can I download the last stable version of your build dtech that supports DVB-S tunner and works from the SD, for my Wetek Play 2. I can not see it in the s905 repository, as it only includes KI and similar receivers.

I didn't create an image for WP2, because unfortunately I don't have such a device. I will try to create an image, but I won't be able to test it.

i tried to build the system for my K1-Pro in Ubuntu 20.04 with g++ 10.3.0 and gcc 10.3.0. Unfortunately it stops with this error.

Unfortunately, a small part of the log is missing that tells which file and which line has the problem.

I have tried using the upgrade option from my old 8.2RC version to the version 9.2.8.3 and getting the error that hardware is not compatible.

The reason and the solution:

The reason for the incompatibility is that the device name is different.

You need to create an empty .nocompat file next to .tar in the update directory, and try again. ;)

But honestly, I have never tried to update a main version on a box before, so I don't know what will happen, especially with the installed add-ons. I think a new installation is better, but if you try to updade, I definitely recommend a backup.

My raspberry pi supports the playback of 3D ISO in frame packing format (3D MVC) inder kodi 18.

Can you tell me if this would also be possible with my KI Pro box?

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no experience in 3D formats, I can't help it on the merits due to the lack of a compatible display. :(

I am new, and have reveived a OTT TV Box M8S+ with a sticker saying: S805 1G+8G

I tried multiple diffrent image's with the Toothpick method but after the first bootlogo (amlogic 8core, mali 450, ... M8S+) it goes to black screen and stays there..

This is a "very" fake M8S+ box and I have one too. My box has this label on the back of the PCB:

This is actually a box called "M8Q" and requires the HD18Q image:

http://libreelec.dtech.hu/S805/LibreELEC-HD18Q.arm-9.2.8.3.img.gz

I have an old MXQPRO (not the 4k model)...

Unfortunately, this does not tell you exactly what kind of device you have. We didn't really know anything specific, not even the size of the memory or the SoC model.

I have carried out a forced update with the .nocompat option on all 3 images and they do install and run.

Do you mean you have tried the KI-Pro (S905D), KI-Plus (S905) and MXQ Pro 4K 2G (S905X) images? That doesn't make much sense.

It should be tested with another DTB based on SoC and memory size, from here: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/device_trees/

Random updates with ".nocompat" are dangerous, if possible, test on a new SD card first and only update if it is stable on your device.

If you are not using the right DTB, don't be surprised if the system is unstable on your box.

I wiped out everything again and started fresh from new git + PROJECT=S905 DEVICE=KI-Plus ARCH=arm make image and make fails at the exact same place :(

Google can help diagnose compilation issues, because in most cases these are related to the operating system or kernel, possibly gcc, or depends on a not-installed or conflicts with an installed *-dev package on your system. The number of options is quite a lot, so the easiest is to drop the resulting error into Google.

I searched for it too, and this is one of the possible reasons that the libfdt-dev package is installed on your system and conflicts with it. I used Debian 10.10 for the last build and I don't have this package installed.

Edit:

The libfdt-dev package was really causing the problem, but hopefully I was able to fix this issue:

mgear

Patch applied: packages/kodi: fix scrollable fadelabels if smartredraw is enabled · dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML@3f92b8a

Please check this snapshot: http://libreelec.dtech.hu/snapshots/20220202/

And the shy question: is it hard to update Leia to Matrix? And the Nexus is coming...

The migration to the mainline kernel is in progress. This is necesary because the code of the old kernels (3.14 and 4.9) is obsolete and it is no longer officially supported by Kodi since v19. The Matrix version will not be released from LibreELEC for Amlogic SoCs, but the Nexus is already in progress:

Erario

Based on the logs, I see you have a clone box with AP6330. The remote control is different for the Uni-n200 and MXIII-Plus and therefore does not work. To install the appropriate remote.conf under the n200 image, follow these steps over SSH:

Code
    cd /storage/.config/
    wget https://github.com/dtechsrv/LibreELEC-AML/raw/master/projects/S8X2/devices/MXIII-Plus/filesystem/etc/amremote/remote.conf
    reboot

After the restart, the MXIII-Plus infrared remote control should work.

Comparing the dmesg in the image on the left is the version with the remote control working (MXIII Plus), on the right no (n200), but the external keyboard even if I don't see it at that point works with both.

It is present, but not in these lines. :)

Code
    [   40.381404@3] input: Logitech Unifying Device. Wireless PID:4024 as /devices/lm1/usb1/1-1/1-1.2/1-1.2:1.2/0003:046D:C52B.0003/input/input3
    [   40.384943@3] logitech-djdevice 0003:046D:C52B.0004: input,hidraw1: USB HID v1.11 Keyboard [Logitech Unifying Device. Wireless PID:4024] on usb-lm1-1.2:1

By installing everything in the emmc with the script I don't understand why then I find only 4 GB usable.

Please check these comments for the answer: #327, #328.

I meanwhile installed your LibreElec fork 9.2.8 on my Wetek Openelec Box (Play 1). It works surprisingly well, but I can "feel" that the device is a bit laggy. But this is nothing new. Compared to my other device (Wetek Play 2), the WP1 is indeed much slower.

Unfortunately, there is a 2-generation distance between the SoCs integrated into WP1 (M6) and WP2 (GXBB), so it is not only in clock speed and number of cores that WP1 lags significantly behind. Not even support for the mainline kernel would change that. As chewitt says, this SoC is unfortunately now obsolete.

- TV Play -> some channels become laggy after a few seconds, not sure yet why, could be because of mutex setting

In the Kodi 18.5, a significant change was made by the author to determine the interlaced signal and frame rate, which unfortunately is not really compatible with amcodec. I solved this with my own patch, but it takes 1-2 seconds after the channel change for the exact frequency to be determined. The lag is probably caused by this method, but without this patch, you had to watch a black screen for about 10 seconds after each channel change.

- Remote Control (official with the device) -> certain buttons needed to be re-configured using the Keymap add-on (e.g. Context Menu, Favourites, Mute button)

I used the official LE remote control keymap, but I found that it is not optimized for the remote control included with the OpenELEC version.

I noticed that the video player does not show the control buttons (stop, play, rewind, forward) and other options (movie info, settings) anymore when I pause the movie. I tried different skins (Amber and Confluence) but the behaviour is the same. Is there a specific interface/video setting to re-enable these buttons? I hope you know what I mean.

This is also related to the remote control, the same is true for WeTek Core. The keymap assigned to the WeTek remote itself overrides this behavior, but it already worked the same way in the official LE 9.0. There may have been a discrepancy in LE 8.2, but I've tried it so long ago that unfortunately I don't remember.

Thank you for your great work dtech !

I will try on my MINIX Neo X8-H Plus as soon as possible. I discover lately that the DD+ audio signal isn't passing through the HDMI instead of dts or DD, I hope that with this update it will work. I am still in LE 9.0 :)

DD+ will not appear in the passthrough list, because the output is defined as S/PDIF. There was a pretty limited audio interface in the SoC, and I tried to define the output as HDMI earlier, but with the exception of standard DD and DTS (5.1), playing at a higher level proved impossible. The bandwidth of HDMI 1.4 would be enough for it, but it still doesn't work under S812, so the bottleneck is probably in the SoC. The only option is to enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding, then all "HD" audio formats over 5.1 (eg. Dolby TrueHD/Atmos or DTS-HD) will be transcoded to 5.1. If you actually have a 7.1 (or more speakers) sound system, the S812 will no longer be enough to serve it.

iCrazy

This is the same limited audio interface functionality that is causing your problem too. With the exception of HDMI passthrough, the SoC audio output restricted to this PCM format: 16-bit / 44.1kHz / 2 channels. This limitation no longer exists for later generations, such as S905 (GXBB) and 905X/D/W (GXL).

Therefore, I do not recommend connecting Meson8* devices to the DAC primarily to listen to Hi-Res audio formats. Due to the above, the transmission of the digital signal will be lossy in terms of both the sampling frequency and the dynamic range (bit rate).

I am aware that the S802 and S812 are fundamentally the same with provision for H.265 ...

If you rely on the incorrectly filled table on Wikipedia, it may indeed seem right, but this statement is not true at all.

The real SoC comparison:

Amlogic STB SoCs Comparison - AML8726-MX, S802, S805, and S812 - CNX Software
    The second quarter of 2014 is promising to be an exciting time for Android TV boxes based on Chinese SoCs with lots of announcements. Devices powered by
    www.cnx-software.com

So that's the point:

• S812 – Same as S802 but adding H.265/HEVC video decoding up to 4K and Gigabit Ethernet. This makes it more future proof than S802, and it could potentially be used as a media center with a USB hard drive and Gigabit Ethernet connection.

The fact is S802 has a common MII (Media Independent Interface), but S812 has an RGMII (Reduced Gigabit Media Independent Interface) between MAC and PHY. So the S802 has 100 Mbps connection limit, but the S812 is capable of Gigabit connection if the manufacturer puts a Gigabit transceiver into the box. Therefore, it is necessary for the Ethernet section to differ in the dtb associated with the two SoCs (#445).

My neighbor will be very happy, he is the owner of the M8 I just help him keep it working. He is a very nice old gentleman. Thank you.

Then I would like to greet him and wish him a Happy Holidays. :)

I tried the new image and it doesn't boot. At first boot it act the same a the other M8 image. Thanks

Okay, second act with reverse logic: original n200-based dtb modified with S802 meson-eth layout.

Index of /3rdParty/S8X2/Universal-k200-S802_2G-AP6330/, the new project name: k200-AP6330_2G.

This should boot and there is a good chance that Ethernet will work with this snapshot image. Please give it a try.

I have not located a source for the stock Android firmware for your OTT box, but the specs for it appear identical to the Matricom G-BOX Q, https://matricom.net/product/g-box-q/, that I had worked with, so I have attached a copy of the DTB as pulled using Android Image Kitchen that you can try on either the Demetris or Dtech "kernel.img" images.

kernel.img-second.zip

The dtb you sent contains m8m2_n200_2G in its header, so that is for S812, not S802.

I decoded from binary to dts with dtc and it contains the same Ethernet entry typical of S812.

Code: kernel.img-second.dts
            ethernet@0xc9410000 {
                    compatible = "amlogic,meson8m2-rmii-dwmac\0snps,dwmac";
                    reg = < 0xc9410000 0x10000 0xc1108108 0x04 >;
                    interrupts = < 0x00 0x08 0x01 >;
                    interrupt-names = "macirq";
                    clocks = "clk81";
                    clock-names = "stmmaceth";
            };

I also checked the Gbox Q Android stock firmware and it contains multiple dtbs with the following IDs:

Code
    m8_k200_2gsdhc
    m8_k200_2gsdio
    m8_k200_sdhc
    m8_k200_sdio
    m8m2_n200_1G
    m8m2_n200_2G
    m8m2_n200C_1G
    m8m2_n200C_2G

I don't think you sent the good dtb (or you have a Gbox Q2 which contains an S812 SoC). The top four pieces are S802s and the bottoms are S812s.

Dear Dhath me on my 1 Giga MXIII and with Ap 6181 I have installed your libreelec 823 mxiii ap6330 taken from third parties and everything is ok but the WiFi is very slow and the videos are very baffering while the last of Demetrio is very good. can't you change this for Ap 6181? unfortunately I cannot connect it with an ethernet cable because it is too far from my ruter

Unfortunately, wifi is a double-edged blade, because if I make changes in the driver, it will get better for someone and worse for another, so I don’t want to poke the latest drivers (or the options file for each project) anymore. I'm sorry.

However, if you really sent this message to Demetris or datrh (it seems from the description), next time you need to spell their names correctly. :saint:

So far it appears that both the Demetris and Dtech releases exhibit the same behaviour with the Ethernet interface. The primary motivation on testing any build with at least a working lan was that the DTB could have been sourced from it and then added to the Dtech build had anything been found. The worst case would be for the DTB being pulled from the Android image for the exact box known to work and checking the variances in configuration when decompiled. What I see so far is that the lan interface comes up, but fails to get a DHCP address, pointing to a configurational issue or caused by one of the existing compatible lan drivers being loaded not specifically geared for the exact hardware on the box and not functioning.

Did you try the latest snapshot image? The problem with the previous M8 image was that it didn't boot. The Ethernet interface was bad on M8 with the n200 image/dtb. In addition the n200 is an S812 device, but M8 is just an S802.

The Ethernet entries in dtb for Meson8/S802 (k200*) and Meson8m2/S812 (n200*) are completely different.

M8:

n200:

Code: meson8m2_n200_ap6330_2G.dtd
    ///    -    Ethernet
            ethmac: ethernet@0xc9410000{
             compatible = "amlogic,meson8m2-rgmii-dwmac", "snps,dwmac";
                    reg = <0xc9410000 0x10000
                           0xc1108108 0x4>;
                    interrupts = <0 8 1>;
                    interrupt-names = "macirq";
                    clocks = "clk81";
                    clock-names = "stmmaceth";