Posts by bowosa

Hi chewitt, I have another Raspberry Buster installation setup with omxplayer installed. With this player it is possible to launch from the Desktop shown on the LCD screen any movie file and redirect it to be played on the HDMI connected monitor. Hence I have the lcd display always visible to navigate and interact with the raspberry desktop and at the same time the monitor playing the movie. This setup is inteded for my VW Bus. I was wondering if it would not be possibe to install omxplayer in addition to Kodi and add a dedicated button or link inside to run the omxplayer. As I understood this could be done via the xml config files which would support all required execution parameters. If you think this could work would you by any chance have an example plugin I could use as a template to implement?

Hi chewitt, thanks for your reply. I have a PI3B+ with an attached USB card. The Audio streaming via Airplay works fine. When however playing a movie it is shown via the attached default LCD screen (via Ribbon) and not the monitor connected to the HDMI cable!

When navigating in the Kodi GUI to Seetings --> System --> Display I cannot change the output. It seems locked to the default lcd screen (see screenshot below).

Is there a dedicated config file where one can activate the HDMI to become visible by Kodi?