Posts by jsimmonstx

"Box1" - Running LibreElec 18.9 on a Raspberry Pi 4 (8gb)

"Box2" - Maria DB running Lubuntu on a Raspberry Pi 4 (8gb)

"Box3" - Media server running on a desktop PC (14TB of total hard drive space spread among five hard drives)

We lost power a week or so ago, and discovered that the UPS that "Box2" and "Box3" are plugged into failed, and those devices lost power ("Box1" DID NOT lose power). When I got a new UPS and turned everything back on, Kodi was unable to find any media files. No matter what media I click on, I get the following error:

"Can't connect to server"

followed by

"Error 2: Can't find share"

What I've tried (on all of the boxes described above):
    0) Established that all boxes are powered on
    1) SSH'd into each box and am able to ping all other related boxes (I can also ping google.com from each of the boxes)

2) On "Box2", the mysql service is running.

3) I have mapped drives for the media drives on "Box3" in a Windows desktop box:
    A) All of the drives are present in Windows Explorer

B) I can browse to the various folders and files on all of the mapped drives.

C) I can double-click and of the ISO files in VLC, and the video/music plays normally.

D) All of this implies that the shares on "Box3" are okay.

4) Kodi is showing me all of my media posters (tells me that it can still connect to the database box unless that data is somehow cached on the Kodi box)

5) I checked the "Box2" IP address that Kodi is using, and it is correct.

6) I cannot browse the media files using the web interface - i simply get the busy cursor, and the screen never updates.

7) I can't play any media from the web interface.

In short, the boxes all see each other, they are connected to the internet, the media server shares are available, and the mariaDB is running.

What could possibly be causing this problem?

I queued a bunch of individual videos (one at a time), and now when I play one, it just repeats over and over.

I want to unqueue all of the items, and thought Kodi may have created individual playlists, but when I looked in the playlists folder, there's nothing in it.

Is it possible to un-queue all queued items at the same time?

When I installed Librelec, I turned on SSH. However, i can't ssh because i don't know/remember the password.

I tried root/librelec, but that doesn't work.

Is there way to drop to the commandline and fix it, or do I have to reinstall librelec?

Using Librelec 19.1 (downloaded today) on pi 4, wired internet connection

When I try to get any new skin, I get the message, "The dependency on xmbc.gui v5.12.0 could not be satisfied".

I get the same message if I try to get skins from all repositories.

How do I fix it?

I installed the latest beta eeprom update to allow the pi4 to boot from usb, and the process for doing so involves copying 15 elf/dat files from associated rpi giuthub project.

Admittedly, these files are for raspbian buster, but can I just copy them all to the boot partition and be okay?

Also, there are a number of dtb files for older versions of the pi. Can I delete those?