Posts by anand0412

Hi guys. I'm running libreelec 9.2.1 on raspberry pi 4b 4GB. I also have the docker addon installed with home assistant and nginx letsencrypt. when i run the top command, i get this results.

When idle, kodi.bin cpu usage is about 40 - 50%

When playing a video from local library, the kodi.bin's cpu usage drops to about 20% - 30%

When the video stops playing, it bumps back up to about 40 % ?

I'm not sure how this works. Is that how it should be? is 40% cpu usage on idle too high?

Best regards,

Anand

Hi, aptalca , thanks for the detailed explanation.

Docker addons are not the same as docker containers you manually create. Addons use systemd to manage the containers in an automated fashion.

I did not know that.

"started for the first time" refers to starting it with no existing persistent data. The persistent data (including the certs) reside in the userdata addon_data folder by default. As long as it's there, certs are not regenerated until they get close to expiration.

thanks for clarifying.

In any case, it sounds like this is a case of the xy problem. Let's focus on the boot delay. I assure you I'm running plenty of docker addons here on an rpi4 with no noticeable delay. The only delay I'm observing is "waiting for network" before kodi starts.

Check the kodi log to see what's holding things up during boot. Also check the addon logs with journalctl -u docker.linuxserver.letsencrypt and journalctl -u docker.linuxserver.duckdns (you can also try journalctl -u docker.linuxserver.updater).

---

EDIT: As a test, I set up all three containers in question, two as addons and one manually. I even created homeassistant with the same docker run from your other thread, all on an rpi4 with le 9.2.3 and I experience no boot delay at all.

Since my earlier setup was unusable, i uninstalled the linux io addons. then, I manually created a contained for nginx/letsencrypt with this command

docker create --name=letsencrypt --cap-add=NET_ADMIN --net=host -e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000 -e TZ=Asia/Kuala_Lumpur -e URL=subdomain.duckdns.org -e SUBDOMAINS=www,ha -e VALIDATION=http -e [email protected] -p 443:443 -p 80:80 -v /storage/letsencrypt:/config --restart unless-stopped linuxserver/letsencrypt

I ran duckdns as an integration with HA. i guess i dont need another docker for it.

Its all working great now with no problems. Just that I dont know if this is a best practice case.

Having said that, i feel like i owe you a test. I didn't expect you to do so much to help me out. really appreciate it. Thank you alot.

With that said, make sure you update your addons and refresh the repos. There was a brief period of time where the addon updater caused a boot delay of about 10 minutes due to a bug in its systemd config. It was fixed shortly after.

This could have been my problem. But then, i also experienced extreme system lag while using kodi.

Will update

In the meantime, not sure if this log is any helpful.

https://pastebin.com/hECnPM9s

Hi. thanks for the reply.

Something must be wrong with my setup then. Libreelec with kodi and home assistant in a docker runs fine and smooth. When I restart libreelec, the HA docker (which I installed using command line) does not get destroyed and recreated.

Nginx letsencrypt and duck dns gets destroyed and recreated.

Without nginx letsencrypt and duckdns, i can restart my libreelec (with HA) in about 30 seconds. With nginx letsencrypt and duckdns, its about 10 to 15 mins and kodi appears laggy. I suspect nginx is trying to create ssl certificare on every boot.

I have now uninstalled nginx letsencrypt and duckdns and not sure how to find the relevant logs. If you can guide me I will provide it. The system becomes unusable with those addons.

Just to clarify, i did let it run overnight the first time with nginx letsencrypt installed to allow it to process the certificates.

Hi. I did some reading and came across this

LinuxServer.io docker addons and general docker info .

Updater:

The updater addon is a dependency for all linuxserver docker addons and is responsible for refreshing the docker images in the background. By doing so, it ensures that when Libreelec is restarted, the new container is created based on the latest image, but it doesn't have to download the image, potentially holding up the start process.

Is there a way for me to turn this off?

Hi. I am new to libreelec, docker and linux.

I have 3 docker container installed. One for home assistant via docker run -d command. Another 2 through the linux io repo ( duck dns and nginx letsencrypt).

When i restart libreelec, it took a very long time to boot up . A good 10 mins. I ran docker -ps command. It shows that duck dns and nginx letsencrypt comtainer was just created when it booted up.

Home assistant docker on the other hand just started the existing container.

I can see this by the difference in created vs status.

Is it supposed to be like this or am i doing something wrong.

Also, is these setup too heavy for a raspberry pi 4 4gb?

Hi. Im trying to use home assistant in libreelec.

Device : Raspberry pi4 4gb

Libreelec v. 9.2.1

Installed docker.

Installed home assistant with this command:-

docker run --init -d --name="home-assistant" -e "TZ=Asia/Kuala_Lumpur/" -v /storage/dockerconfig/home-assistant/:/config --net=host --restart=unless-stopped homeassistant/home-assistant:stable

Installed without any error. I get a Docker notification in the corner stating name:home-assistant | action:start.

My problem is i have no idea how to access home assistant web interface.

Tried :-

http://ip address:8123

http://ipaddress:8123/config

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Does your TV have an IR remote? If it does, it should be able to be "LEARNT" You don't need a smart TV

Just to clarify, the IR blaster for the Pi will not be able to control the TV, particularly if it's not a network tv. You can however get remotes, that can learn various TV functions, like TV volume control

Not sure if im missing out on something. The remote you suggested doesn't have an ir blaster right? How could it control my tv?

I apologize again. I have lost focus from what i originally intended to do. The ultimate goal would be :-

When libreelec is idle (when the black screen saver comes up) i want rpi to send a turn off signal to the tv via ir. (my tv doesnt have a cec). When i try to watch something in kodi, press any key / wake up - i want the pi to send a turn on signal.

Am i too ambitious?

Hi. I'm new here. I have setup latest libreelec on a Raspberry pi4. I would like to add a IR blaster to the pi 4 to control my tv.

Thinking of getting this Infrared IR Wireless Remote Control Kits for Arduino & Raspberry | Online Shopping Lazada .

However i cant find a recent guide on how to do it.

Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki] this link says nothing about transmitting at all.

https://openelec.tv/documentation/…irc-ir-blasting this is exactly what i want to do. Wondering if it will work in libreelec. And any specific instructions available?