Posts by anand0412

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have been able to boot from ssd for some time already. After further checking, i believe my ssd adapter is broken. Ordered a new one. Hopefully it would work.

The default VPN confs used by most providers simply "route all traffic down tunnel" .. hence the issue. However, most containers are NAT'd on the local host so they only expose ports/services via the existing IP address/interface of the host. To fix this you'd need to run containers from anothre IP address/interface (can be a alias/virtual interface), and then fiddle with the routing rules in the VPN conf so that you only route all traffic for the main interface (excluding the container interface) down the tunnel.

Following your suggestion, i tried creating the nginx docker under macvlan with its own ip. While i can get external traffic to the nginx docker, nginx is unable to forward the connection to home assistant docker which is under host network. I read that macvlan behaves that way by design.

Looks like i hit a dead end. Thanks for the help anyway

Hi. Thanks for replying. I have not asked a question there because, while the settings allows for exception, docker isnt in the list.

Im guessing there is some kind of network setting i could tweak to allow an independent connection to my docker

Hi.

I have libreelec running on raspberry pi4. I have installed home assistant via docker and also intalled the OpenVPN addon. My home assistant should be accessible from the internet using duckdns domain through Nginx reverse proxy.

The problem I'm facing is whenever VPN is connected, I am unable to access home assistant from outside the network.

I am hoping someone could provide me with a guide on the best way to set this up. How do I get Home assistant / nginx to bypass the VPN?

Thank you.

try the yatse app.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

hi HiassofT . repartitioned the ssd as your suggestion. it detected immediately after that. no delay. then I restored my backup. now its stuck in a restart loop.

I get

```

checking backup file ... ok

This may take some time to complete, please be patient.

Restoring.. \|/

```

after a long time, it restarts and repeats the process.

If you want to move to a USB/SSD only setup later it'd be best to partition the SSD with a 512MB VFAT as #1 (this will become the "/flash" boot partition later) and then the remaining space as an ext4 partition for storage.

just copy the data from the ext4/storage partition on the SD card to the ext4/storage partition on the SSD and then change the disk=UUID=.... parameter in cmdline.txt (in the FAT partition of your SD card) to the UUID of the ext4 partition of the SSD (use "blkid" to get the UUID values).

so long,

Hias

Hi. I followed your guide. But the settings wasn't copied. libreelec started as a fresh installation.

This is the original cmdline.txt

` boot=UUID=0106-1615 disk=UUID=f8fb3cf4-a55b-465a-8b04-55bf7c747aef quiet `

this is what i got from blkid

`

LibreELEC:~ # blkid

/dev/mmcblk0: PTUUID="b774a380" PTTYPE="dos"

/dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL_FATBOOT="LIBREELEC" LABEL="LIBREELEC" UUID="0106-1615" TYPE="vfat" PARTUUID="b774a380-01"

/dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="STORAGE" UUID="f8fb3cf4-a55b-465a-8b04-55bf7c747aef" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="b774a380-02"

/dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"

/dev/sdb1: PARTLABEL="Microsoft reserved partition" PARTUUID="a5c7bfd0-5cc1-4fda-a738-780210fe8db8"

/dev/sdb2: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="NEW VOLUME" UUID="68F7-74C3" TYPE="vfat" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="1ca9e39d-09e6-4f51-baf1-df5b13a57591"

/dev/sdb3: LABEL="SSD2" UUID="f9d7e553-3349-d601-e0d7-e5533349d601" TYPE="ext4" PARTLABEL="Basic data partition" PARTUUID="00008279-d7e0-53e5-33c9-d601f2040100"

/dev/sda1: LABEL="ExtHDD2" UUID="f476f82e-a241-d601-f072-f82ea241d601" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="f9f5dbd2-01"

/dev/sda2: LABEL="ExtHDD1" UUID="C65CC89E5CC88B1F" TYPE="ntfs" PARTUUID="f9f5dbd2-02"

`

this was the new cmdline content

` boot=UUID=0106-1615 disk=UUID=f9d7e553-3349-d601-e0d7-e5533349d601 quiet `

i copied the whole storage folder into ssd using kodi interface.

The ssd gets mounted a little late. about 30 seconds after the kodi interface. could this be an issue?

if it matters, the ssd is mounted on the 2nd usb 3.0 port (2nd from the top)

I also notice that the storage folder in sd card shows 50.69GB (i'm sure there is not that much data in there). Media files are in a separate HDD. storage folder in the ssd (copied) is only 52.11MB (reflective of the actual files in there).

Hi. Im sure this has been answered somewhere but i cant seem to find it. Im running libreelec 9.2.3 on rpi 4b. Im getting a ssd.

Pending the rpi4 boot from usb update, i understand that the best method now is to move storage and userdata folder to the ssd.

Can someone please point me to a guide on how to do this.

Thanks you very much.

Hi. My library is kind of a mess. I have some videos playing remotely via stream files. I also have some local files in my hdd.

Im trying to download all the online files. In the process, there will be duplicates (one local one remote)

Is there a way to make kodi automatically play the local file and ignore the stream file?