Posts by th0maz

Hey everybody,
    this might be a very specific question, but I hope for some input to troubleshoot my little problem here :)

I'm running two LibreELEC devices:

- Player 1: Raspberry Pi 4 with LE 11.0.3

- Player 2: Raspberry Pi 2 with LE 9.2.8

Both devices get their media from shares configured to hostname OldNAS, which worked fine. But then I replaced OldNAS by a new device with hostname NewNAS.

Both players have my pi-hole DNS server configured as DNS. /etc/resolv.conf looks the same on both devices.

So I thought I just create a CNAME entry in pi-hole which points requests for OldNAS to NewNAS.
    On my Player 1 this worked like a charm and all the media from shares and the library, that still points to OldNAS, plays fine now from NewNAS, even after reboots.
    On my Player 2 this does not work and I can't find out the reason.

Share names, user names etc. are configured identically on NewNAS.
    When I add a new share to NewNAS on Player 2, this works, too. But it won't play the OldNas media, as Player 1 does without any change on the device.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Thomas

Hi everybody,

I experienced an issue on my Odroid C2 device, that I do not have on my RaspberryPi 2 device and I am looking for some advice on how to troubleshoot the cause for this.

Odroid C2 runs LE 9.0.2

RaspberryPi 2 runs LE 9.2.6

Amazon VOD plugin from Sandman is running smoothly on the Pi, but the Odroid (which I expect to have a better CPU and GPU performance) keeps stuttering while playing the streams.

Video Decover is inputstream.adaptive.h264.decoder (SW) on both devices. Video source has a resolution of 960x540 px, while both devices run in Full HD on the TV.

What I found out: When I change the "zoom" in the video settings of the Odroid to "original" (not zoomed, black borders around the video), it runs fluently. The larger I zoom the video towards Full HD, the more it stutters.

Any ideas what could be the difference or the reason for this? :dodgy:

- Network connection is cabled, should not be a problem

- CPU usage is moderate (e.g. 58% 18% 44% 12%)

Hello everybody,

I hope someone can help me troubleshoot this issue or has an idea what's happening here.

I've got a Raspberry Pi 2 running the latest LE version. It's connected to my Wifi via Edimax USB adapter and streams media from a NAS or TVHeadEnd Server in the local network.

Now often when I start a video file or TVHeadEnd live stream or recording, it works fine for a couple of minutes. Suddenly the buffer circle appears and does not make it over another second of video every minute.

A reboot of the Raspberry Pi helps for the moment.

By chance I could monitor the wifi utilization when this happens on my FritzBox router and I guess that the Raspberry Pi running LE is causing the excessive wifi traffic:

889ofris.png

I've had this issue for a while now, even with older versions of LE.

Any hint is helpful ;)
    Thanks in advance.