Posts by Doodlenoodle

Well that sounds like a new task for me :D

But again thank you for replying and helping me and the previous speakers with that thing. I also learned many things by the postings from you and chewitt in the forum.

So IF i manage to write a demon, I will post here for others who have the same request.

Are you sure you understood this question right? Maybe you have to answer "N" / "No" for temporary and speed-controlled fan activation.

Maybe the fan is off at first, but at increasing heat it might start doing something.

At first, thank you for answering my post. After using WinSCP to enter the files on my SD-Card, i had a look for the files which came with the argonone-setup-libreelec.sh file. These are as follows:

daemonname="argononed"

powerbuttonscript=/storage/.config/$daemonname.py

shutdownscript="/storage/.config/"$daemonname"-poweroff.py"

daemonconfigfile=/storage/$daemonname.conf

configscript=/storage/argonone-config

removescript=/storage/argonone-uninstall

daemonfanservice=/storage/.config/system.d/$daemonname.service

kodishutdownscript="/storage/.config/shutdown.sh"

As you can see It installed scripts for the pwr-button (wich works like charm) and some other files.

One of them is a "argonone-config" file and the "argonone.conf" file. The first one ist the one i have to use to make changes to the fan behavior. So to start it i use

./argonone-config. This shows me whats written in the script e.g

So as you can see, this script just offers me two options. Either "Fan off" ( so it sets the parameters in the argonone.conf to 90°=100%)

or "Fan always on" (which results in 1°=100% in the argonone.conf).

On other distributions ( for example raspbian). It should offer me 4 options

- 1. Always On

- 2. Adjust to temperature

- 3. Customize behavior

- 4. Cancelto change the fan behavior.

This can easily be checked by looking in the raspbian argon1.sh (setup-script) Here is the code:

So imo there is not such a thing like a option "menu" with 4 options for the LibreElec scripts. Like they forgot to write down the code for the LibreElec Version.

Here are the original installscripts for you to check yourself:

Raspbian Install-.sh

LibreElec install-.sh

Iam not that deep into coding (to be honest I am not at all :S). So what do you think about this? Am I to stupid for that? How can I manage to customize the Fan behavior on the LibreElec-script-version?

By the way: I have installed another 5V Fan to my Case an it is way more silent thant the original one! So thats a must do for people who like it silent.

Hey guys,

so I recently installed the rpi4 in the ArgonOne case, got a clean install of LibreElec 9.2.1 and wanted to install the ArgonOne scripts.

I followed the instructions by Argon40 (ArgonOne LibreElec install).

So far so good. I type:
    ./argonone-config

It starts the

“Argon OneFan Speed Configuration Tool”

After confirming the warning (this will remove existing configuration) with a “Y”, it asks just wether I want the fan always on or not (here again I have to confirm with a “Y” for always on , otherwise the fan is set to off. So this means I can just turn it on (with about 6000rpm) or off.

There is no possibility to select another fan mode like the default setting option (

55=10

60=55

65=100)

How can I make this possible? Has anybody a more detailed instruction guide?

Regards :)