Posts by mbitsa

Just a brief update, trying the eMMC image does not also show up use of hardware acceleration. I'll stay tuned as further releases come.

Also, I would take advantage to ask you one more question. You said that installing to eMMC is a two stage process, as that I successfully followed according to your tips. Could the USB Burning tool V2.2.0 also be used to write the image from the PC in just one stage?

Many thanks!

Marco

I am on a steep learning curve, sorry for that, I am crawling step by step :)

I took the test image path because I realized that the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator.Win32 tool cannot really burn an image for VIM3 (just KVIM).

So, based on my basic knowledge with VIM3 so far, I would keep Android on eMMC as an essential mean for entering upgrade mode via Power/Reset keys, as I learnt in practice when booting SD images. Is that correct?

Also, I am a bit puzzled when you say "once booted from SD". I would not want to skip necessary steps but let me ask what bootable SD image you really mean in your suggestion.

Thanks!

Marco

Hello,

sorry to bother here with this my newbie question but using VIM3/PRO I can't boot with LibreELEC-AMLG12.arm-9.80-nightly-20200514-cf26681-khadas-vim3.img.gz.

The upgrade mode just ignores the SD card containing the image.

Looking inside its structure I don't see any dtb.img or uENV.ini files. While believing that perfecly normal, I noted also that in / is a dtb file apparenty appropriate for my hw (meson-g12b-a311d-khadas-vim3.dtb) while in /extlinux is a extlinux.conf with reasonable config hints pointing to the related files. What I am missing to understand?

Thank you for the help

Marco