Posts by shtrom

Ah cool. So not quite there yet.

Well, in any case, I have a WeTek Core setup that seems to go as far as it can with the current images, so happy to try out new ones as they come!

Wrong quote above. Leaving this for completeness about how to boot the WeTek Core into the SD.

• Boot LibreELEC from your previously prepared bootable media:
      If you want to boot the device from your bootable media, you need to perform the toothpick method first:
      Disconnect the power plug, insert the prepared boot media, and then press and hold the reset button*. Reconnect the power jack while holding down the reset button, then release it after about 3-5 seconds**.
      * The reset button on MXQ and M8S+ is located behind the A/V connector, but on the Mecool and WeTek devices, the reset button is located behind the hole on the bottom of the device.
      ** If the Android recovery menu appeared, you pressed the button for too long.

How do I make that boot? I've been looking around for documentation for the last hour, and came up blank :(

Ok, found it.

Quote from dtech

WeTek Core with Amlogic S812-H SoC (2 GB RAM, 8 GB eMMC/NAND):

Working services: Power status LED, CPU temperature sensor, Analog+S/PDIF+HDMI audio output, Gigabit Ethernet, Wireless (2.4+5 GHz), Bluetooth, RF+IR combo remote control (HID+amremote), HDMI-CEC, NAND boot*.

So, it boots to a black screen, not sure how to take it from there. Should it try to get an IP from the network? Should I plug the Ethernet.

There's only one upstream developer working on Meson8 support (Martin B) and he has a busy day job so output comes and goes depending on when he has some free time (and enthusiasm). I rebased the pre-pre-Alpha AMLMX image on LE master and Martin's latest kernel branch one month ago and built this image:

https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/LibreE…88.0-box.img.gz

It's been boot tested by a couple of people but might need some manual finessing of the u-boot environment to get it booting - I one have one Meson8 box (and one board) and vendor u-boot from 2013 is an archaeology experience, so the scripts used to hook and boot into LE aren't finalised.

You are welcome to report bugs (there will be some) but this is completely unsupported :)

Ah! I can resume playing with my WeTek Core! That's exciting. I've however been quickly stopped in my tracks.

I think in the past, I installed LE with via recovery with the ZIP distribution, but I'm not sure how to get this booted from an IMG.

I extracted/DD'd it to the same SD card as I was using before. I can see the KERNEL and SYSTEM files, as well as the uEnv.ini, which I've edited to use the meson8m2-wetek-core.dtb, and a bunch of others but...

How do I make that boot? I've been looking around for documentation for the last hour, and came up blank :(

A concluding note on this: I fixed my issue.

xkcd: Wisdom of the Ancients

So, OK, my problem was fixed by simply making a clean install, and reinstalling plugins manually, rather than restoring a backup. The roots of that backup pre-date even OpenELEC before the migration to Libre, so there was a lot of cruft. FWIW, restoring the backup on a Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC 9.2.7 also causes some similar-ish hanging issues, which is what got me on the way.

Still hoping to see the WeTek core get 9.2 or 10 one day, but for the moment, everything still seems to work, including Wedevine.

Got a new SD card from the shop, reflashed the 9.0.2 image and booted it up. After a backup restore, it seems to be holding the distance. I have still seen a couple of crashes, but the Core has been staying on without restart for 24+ hours, so it's definitely an improvement.

I did disable the Wi-Fi connection, and only use the ethernet now, on a hunch as the segfaults seem to happen in the network code.

Ahoy,

I have a rather baffling behaviour with my WeTek Core running LibreELEC 9.0.2. It has been working juuuust fine since the update from 8.x. However, in the last two weeks, Kodi has been randomly freezing, and ultimately restarting, anywhere between a few minutes to an hour or so.

Looking at one of the crashlogs, e.g. http://ix.io/2iv8, I'm seeing a seg fault, but I don't have enough context for it to make sense to me. It looks like it's somewhere in the network code. This happens both when watching media (local or streamed) or when not doing anything.

My library is stored on a NAS, mounted as NFS, and the metadata is in a MySQL DB. None of this has changed recently.

I have both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections, but I've seen the crashes in both cases.

I did recently install an addon to get to my Amazon Prime account, but have since disabled it, with no difference: still getting crashes. I am also seeing errors from the OzWeather addon, so disabled that too. To no avail.

This is really surprising as I don't think much has changed, but those crashes have randomly started happening, which is a bit frustrating.

I'm quite happy to dig in and run diagnostics on the box as needed, I just don't really know where to start.