Posts by shtrom

    A concluding note on this: I fixed my issue.


    ...


    xkcd: Wisdom of the Ancients











    So, OK, my problem was fixed by simply making a clean install, and reinstalling plugins manually, rather than restoring a backup. The roots of that backup pre-date even OpenELEC before the migration to Libre, so there was a lot of cruft. FWIW, restoring the backup on a Raspberry Pi with LibreELEC 9.2.7 also causes some similar-ish hanging issues, which is what got me on the way.


    Still hoping to see the WeTek core get 9.2 or 10 one day, but for the moment, everything still seems to work, including Wedevine.

    Got a new SD card from the shop, reflashed the 9.0.2 image and booted it up. After a backup restore, it seems to be holding the distance. I have still seen a couple of crashes, but the Core has been staying on without restart for 24+ hours, so it's definitely an improvement.


    I did disable the Wi-Fi connection, and only use the ethernet now, on a hunch as the segfaults seem to happen in the network code.

    Ahoy,


    I have a rather baffling behaviour with my WeTek Core running LibreELEC 9.0.2. It has been working juuuust fine since the update from 8.x. However, in the last two weeks, Kodi has been randomly freezing, and ultimately restarting, anywhere between a few minutes to an hour or so.


    Looking at one of the crashlogs, e.g. http://ix.io/2iv8, I'm seeing a seg fault, but I don't have enough context for it to make sense to me. It looks like it's somewhere in the network code. This happens both when watching media (local or streamed) or when not doing anything.


    My library is stored on a NAS, mounted as NFS, and the metadata is in a MySQL DB. None of this has changed recently.


    I have both Ethernet and Wi-Fi connections, but I've seen the crashes in both cases.


    I did recently install an addon to get to my Amazon Prime account, but have since disabled it, with no difference: still getting crashes. I am also seeing errors from the OzWeather addon, so disabled that too. To no avail.


    This is really surprising as I don't think much has changed, but those crashes have randomly started happening, which is a bit frustrating.


    I'm quite happy to dig in and run diagnostics on the box as needed, I just don't really know where to start.