Posts by hlpbob007

Hi, vencakratky,

first, if you have your TV on already adding on command does not bring you a visible feedback if it really works. Try standby or pow (also described in the link). Secondly have you ever tried to connect all your devices (HDMI port # i think does not matter, but who knows nowadays :) ) and scan them? if they are visible try on and standby and pow or any other visible feedback commands volup and see if they respond. Do not forget maybe you need to add the device # as stated in some examples. If you go one page before, there is a snapshot of my other setup, I have an older samsung tv, connected thru a Receiver and then RPi 2. the Pi sees all 3 devices. So if your Amiko is CEC compatible and the HDMI cable is good, Pi4 should see and control as well.

Also there are options (i am not sure if you touched that before) inside Kodi when you go Settings/System/Input/Peripherals there you can edit your libCEC which can also affect your setup (+ you have the samsung tv, but honestly i do not see much of an "edit" in TizenOS there)

I believe CEC is not so straightforward as sometimes it is described, i needed to 4 times install from NOOBs when I was finally found the almost right solution (since my remote is not 100% perfect :D ) and I am still waiting for my new cable from Amazon...

On my QE65Q60 after command echo 'scan' | cec-client -s -d 1

but not working :(

Hi,

did you tried some of the basic commands from here: Raspberry Pi: Power On / Off A TV Connected Via HDMI-CEC - Linux Uprising Blog

like turn off/on the tv via HDMI-CEC from the PI? or switch the active source with this: 'as' ? I would go with some easy commands to see if the hdmi-cec is working correctly, out of this image for me it is interesting why the Vendor is not known...

Second option to check. Install add-on Keymap Add-on:Keymap Editor - Official Kodi Wiki (i used this video

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    ) with this installed try to check if you remap a left button and push left on your remote, do you get something? (a number or something like in the video?) at the end you do not need to save Keymap :)

For me I have a samsung tv remote with some pre defined buttons, like Netflix, Prime (i am not happy with it, but that's the way...) and unfortunately the button "Exit" in my old Samsung TV was the simple command to go back, navigate back, previous menu... now in this remote this is not working :D so i needed to remap it to button A(red)...

Last but not least, i have a Samsung TV with this new Tizen OS (not better, but once again that's the way... :) ) , so in this newSamsung (pictures attached) look-a-like setup when i connect my PI over HDMI to the TV then the HDMI-CEC setup starts... and there is a predefined list of hardwares like blueray players, AVs, XBOX, PS4, soundbars, lot's of stuff... but PI only works for me if I select "PC"... no clue why, as said before this only in the newSamsung Tizen OS.

I received a new cable from a friend, this is not the cheap one which came with the Pi4, golden connector, high speed marking on the cable, brand is UGREEN. HDMI CEC is working now!!!

Proof:

LibreELECpi4:~ # echo 'scan' | cec-client -s -d 1

opening a connection to the CEC adapter...

requesting CEC bus information ...

CEC bus information

===================

device #0: TV

address: 0.0.0.0

active source: no

vendor: Samsung

osd string: TV

CEC version: 1.4

power status: on

language: eng

device #1: Recorder 1

address: 1.0.0.0

active source: yes

vendor: Pulse Eight

osd string: CECTester

currently active source: Recorder 1 (1)

For me it helped to check first via SSH what Pi4 is seeing on the HDMI CEC with this command echo 'scan' | cec-client -s -d 1

Hi,

Anybody tried this so far: Raspberry Pi: Power On / Off A TV Connected Via HDMI-CEC - Linux Uprising Blog ?

I did it for the not working Pi4 with Samsung RU7099 and this was the feedback:

LibreELECpi4:~ # echo 'scan' | cec-client -s -d 1

CEC bus information

===================

address: 3.0.0.0

currently active source: unknown (-1)

LibreELECpi4:~ #

Just to be sure, I SSH-d to the other pi which is a PI2 running on an older Samsung TV (I already mentioned in my prev post) and this was the outcome (in this setup the Pi2 is connected to a Pioneer AV via HDMI, then the AV is connected to the TV via HDMI, in the TV there is no other HDMI connected):

LibreELEC:~ # echo 'scan' | cec-client -s -d 1

CEC bus information

===================

device #0: TV

address: 0.0.0.0

active source: yes

vendor: Samsung

osd string: TV

address: 3.2.0.0

device #5: Audio

address: 3.0.0.0

vendor: Pioneer

osd string: RECEIVER

language: ???

currently active source: TV (0)

LibreELEC:~ #

I would think that Recorder1 is my Pi, and in this case Pi4 with Samsung RU7099 does not see the TV via CEC at all. Those who are having issues with the CEC on Pi4, did you tried cec-client -s -d 1 yet? If not what will you get if you try that? Your Pi4 is also the one and only device which is recognised by the cec-client?

Thank you for your feedback!

Hi,

I have a Samsung RU7099 (2019 model) with a Pi 4 and latest LibreELEC 9.2.1 with kernel Linux 4.19.106 Kodi 18.6 and the HDMI-CEC also not working for me :( Pi is connected directly to TV nothing in-between. I have a small HDMI cable to change small HDMI from Pi4 to normal big HDMI to TV.

Can somebody confirm who has modern Samsung TV that he/she has the following buttons in the remote: Rakuten TV, Netflix, Amazon Prime... My stupid samsung tv has those buttons (before it was other buttons there) and maybe it is not working because of these pre configured buttons on the remote? (I am attaching 2 pictures of the different remotes)

At the moment I do not know how to go further, I will try to figure out something from the log. I will try to copy here.

I read most of the comments here, and I tried most of the tips, but still nothing working as of now.

UPDATE 2020-04-16 19:06: I have a Pi2 with Kodi 18.2, LibreELEC 9.0.2 no issue with HDMI-CEC on the RU7099 Samsung, now this gives me the feeling that either the Pi4 has a problem or the small HDMI cable is wrong (converts micro to std. HDMI), or other SW issues.

I am planning to replace the HDMI cable to this one: Amazon.com: UGREEN Micro HDMI to HDMI Cable Adapter 4K 60Hz Ethernet Audio Return Compatible for GoPro Hero 7 Black Hero 5 4 6, Raspberry Pi 4, Sony A6000 A6300 Camera, Nikon B500, Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, Yoga 710 3FT: Electronics

But if somebody has a better guess what to check first, please share it. Thank you in advance!

UPDATE 2020-04-16 19:45: I attached my log file, but unfortunately I am unable to read anything useful out of it :(