Posts by ilmich

Hi FurmanSK,

I've builted a version of bootloader with 534Mhz ddr4.

So first make a backup of your installation and after

- download this bootloader https://ilmich.libreelec.tv/rk3328/u-boot-rockchip.bin

- flash it in your bootmedia (from a linux machine or directly in a ssh session of your libreelec installation)

Code
    dd if=u-boot-rockchip.bin of=${BOOT_DISK} bs=32k seek=1

where ${BOOT_DISK} is your boot device (for example /dev/mmcblk0)

If works you should see an higher pll_dpll in clk_summary.

Let me known.

Michele

I need to recheck with my boards, but

Code
        pll_dpll                          1        1        0   664000000          0     0  50000         Y
           dpll                           1        1        0   664000000          0     0  50000         Y
              clk_ddr                     2        2        0   664000000  

this should be the clock of ddr. Internally clock is divided by 2 so your ram frequency is 332Mhz.

I imagine that the GUI is also not very fluid, especially at high resolutions.

Without the drivers I mentioned, one way to overclock the RAM is via bootloader. In practice, when the bootloader initializes the RAM it tries to use a higher clock. This can create problems because high clocks need a higher voltage (which the DMC manages automatically).

I'll try to study this official build and see if I can do something, but I can't guarantee because I have no way to try.

Hi FurmanSK,

share the output of

Code
    cat /sys/kernel/debug/clk/clk_summary

if this sysfs entry exists, it will show info about every hardware clock on your board.

Overclock is a bit harder because it depends on what the official builds for rk3328 contain.

In the soc rk3228 (and I believe in others too) there is a ddr controller called dmc (dynamic memory controller) which can manage the frequency of the ddr chips at runtime (scaling it up and down).

To work it needs legacy blobs and driver which I imagine (but I don't know) are excluded from the official builds.

On rk3228 works because my build is unofficial and I've assembled such legacy pieces.

I'm not an expert of others rockchip socs, but with rk3228 (not the same of the one discussed in this thread) the only boards that can handle 4k contents are the ones with ddr3 and clock rate >= 600mhz.

maybe can be useful to check also type and clock of DDR RAM.

Hi all,

a new build of libreelec 11 available with:

- mesa 23.2.1

- support for OneTv Lite box (thanks to usr4864 and jock2)

- support for more boxes (from libre10)

- various fixes and improvements

The build is very stable but some features are missing (like NAND).

My build of Libreelec 11 has some breaking changes that make it incompatible with previous Libreelec 10 builds. In other words, there is no easy way to upgrade your Libreelec 10 setup to Libreelec 11.

Cheers

Michele

because in your case there are two rc devices rc0 (typically cec) and rc1 (the RF remote receiver). if you launch ir-keytable without params you can show the list of all available rc devices.

you need to specify rc1 device when launching ir-keytable. The cec protocol is cec protocol and you can't change that.

so try with

ir-keytable -p nec -t -s rc1

let me know.

Michele

EDIT: However, since it's a new remote if you send me a working mapping that I can add to the official build I would be grateful.

Which remote protocol are you using with ir-keytable? (NEC, NECX etc etc)

EDIT: according to your dmesg the ir receiver (rc1 for ir-keytable) driver is up and running

Code
    [   25.467831] rc rc1: rockchip_ir_recv as /devices/platform/110b0030.ir-receiver/rc/rc1
    [   25.468373] input: rockchip_ir_recv as /devices/platform/110b0030.ir-receiver/rc/rc1/input2
    [   25.485955] rockchip_ir 110b0030.ir-receiver: rockchip SIP initialized, version 0x2

Hi all,

a new build of libreelec 11 available with:

- mesa 23.2.1

- a new mainline remote driver with shutdown and power on with power button (thanks to the immense jock2)

- fix for some boards with no HDMI output (thanks to the immense jock2)

- imported some upstream Kodi patches for nice performance improvements

- support for t95d box with vfd display

- a lot of fixes and improvements

The build is very stable but some features are missing (like NAND). Think of it as a preview.

Cheers

Michele

Hi usr4864,

can you please share some pic of your box/board/android firmware info of kernel version?

And please also a link of original firmware (or the first 100mb of your backup)

I need to see the android dtb.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, older Android versions have the resolution locked to 1280x720p. This is because I believe that Android was not able to change resolution via software. Try a lower resolution by adding video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720 kernel parameter

Thanks

Michele

Hi punter,

thanks for the feedback, I'll check the HDMI CEC problem.

But for now, libreelec 11 is in an alpha state, it does not have all the remote controls of libreelec 10 and other things.

So stay with libreelec 10 for daily usage.

In addition to bringing the latest optimizations, I'm working on the remote controls.

I want to remove legacy code and use kernel suspend to ram and wakeup.

Cheers

Michele

Hi presko,

Do i have to so anything else after uploading in /Update and reboot ?

make sure the folder is /.update and not /Update.

Boxes with more than 8GB of internal memory I've only seen one. I think in your case the specs are fake

Besides the 9012p wifi not working i dont have any other issues.

You were unlucky, this chip is not supported. Both because I don't have one with that chip, and because there is no decent source code

Thank you for the great job and the passion of dedication.

Thank you very much, it's users like you who push me to continually improve. But nothing would exist without the team at libreelec and kodi who work hard to make this possible for us.

Cheers

Michele