Posts by ilmich

Hi FurmanSK, the next step is to ask librecomputer folks to upstream some code for ddr3 reclocking.
    I found the post you made on the board's forum and I seem to have understood that nothing can be done for now unless you use distributions based on BSP code (android).
    I don't have your board so I can test myself.

But have you tried with libreelec 10?

ilmich Just checking in, any updates or things I could maybe help testing with? I could look at adding to my build server and see how the image works with building one up from source.

Hi, I'm trying to make you a new build by changing the frequency of the ddr3 a little. Please note that I don't have your board, so I can't guarantee that it will work. I'm doing this to try to give you a hand because these boards are phenomenal (I work with Android boxes with older soc) and sometimes you just need to tune them a little.

Fingers crossed
    Michele

the box reboots, i always use the device tree for my box.

it overheated, I reviewed the photos you sent and the box is nice aesthetically, but it will definitely have poor ventilation (like my t95d). I'll try to send you a dtb with a lower CPU frequency.

Also maybe the reboot issue was because of this, i don't think this box is able to really handle 4K output.

Maybe I can get it going. I don't have a 4K TV so I don't do much testing, but with the changes I'm making the 4K HW decoding goes smoothly.

Has anyone already encountered the same problem?

If you are using my repo, I don't update it often. I did this a little while ago, pull and try again. In any case, in your case, the trust os must be changed. I have to try to see if it also works with other boxes to make the switch, otherwise, I'll have to invent something

Hi digicroxx

the problem, which also emerged in the armbian forum, is that apparently this board only works with the 1.0.1 trust (libreelec mounts 1.1.0). I'm trying to figure out what I can do. Can you please share a link with a downloadable firmware of your box?

And would you be so kind to also suggest me some links to learn more technical details about the boot process of these SoC? (I would like to become more knowledgeable in this field...)

Boot option - Rockchip open source Document

markosc

I recently made the famous discovery of hot water :). In practice, if the RAM runs slowly, the CPU has more difficulty managing the system. So while I previously thought that the CPU was too old to decode a 720 video via software, I realized that in reality by increasing the DDR3 frequency it does it just fine.

So in the dtb I passed to you, I raised the frequency of the ddr3 clock. I don't think this affects DVB decoding (I tried local video without any problems). I'll try to take a look at it because I also have the same problem as you, but I'm thinking more of an update to the addon than anything else. You can try either with older versions of tvheadend/pvr.hts or using iptvsimple client (tvheadend also exposes m3u8 lists)

Another detail I noticed is that in Netflix, if I want to resume a video that I previously switched from VP9 to H264, the TV box restarts. However, sticking to H264, I find it much smoother than before. Thanks.

I think is an addon issue.

cheers
    Michele

However, I have an issue with the Netflix plugin. When I activate VP9, the videos appear slow and the quality doesn't seem to be 720p. The CPU usage goes up to 220%. It seems smoother if I choose H264; however, the range is between 18 to 28 fps and sometimes it plays slowly. The CPU goes up to 350%, it appears smoother, but the image looks washed out and doesn't seem like 720p.

Hi markosc, it's a known issue, unfortunately. There are some addons, such as Disney+, which for some reason (maybe widevine license) use hardware acceleration for decoding. The Netflix addon does not, so the decoding is via software and with a single thread. For the moment I recommend lowering the playback quality. In libreelec 10 the clocks (cpu/gpu) were higher, but I realized that unfortunately due to the heat, the throttling caused artefacts. I'm trying to find a solution.

My new log, build 2023/11/19

Code
    [   15.710420] brcmfmac: brcmf_fw_alloc_request: using brcm/brcmfmac43342-sdio for chip BCM43342/1
    [   15.710896] brcmfmac mmc2:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43342-sdio.rockchip,rk322x-box.bin failed with error -2
    [   15.711133] brcmfmac mmc2:0001:1: Direct firmware load for brcm/brcmfmac43342-sdio.bin failed with error -2

missing firmware, in the next build your wifi should work :)

Can you please tell me if, also checking with Android, your board also has Bluetooth? What is the name of your box (not board)? Do the LEDs work well? Do you try to see by switching to other device trees if your box already has a good configuration?

I want to make a specific device tree, but I need this information.

Hi, attached remote config for greenet.txt

Thank you so much.

And it would be nice if you add wifi driver for SV6256P on your next build, too?

No working driver for now. I'll suggest to use ethernet, or external usb wifi dongle.

Anything major relating to h265/HEVC or 4k?

Only the switch from U-Boot legacy --> U-Boot mainline.

LibreComputer are upstream champions so I would expect their boards to work correctly.

board works correctly but ddr3 clock is set to 330mhz(https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/…r4-666.dtsi#L26) that is too low for 4k contents. A ddr3 clock scaler exists, but without someone that upstream a driver, ddr3 clock is fixed and initialized at boot.

sorry FurmanSK, busy at work.

Keep in mind that libreelec use U-Boot mainline (not the legacy one with proprietary blobs that maybe librecompurer folks suggests).

So the low DDR clock is defined in the device tree for roc-cc of U-Boot mainline source code.

You can try libreelec 10 where U-Boot legacy and binary blobs are used in place of the mainline and see if there are some differences.

Hi all,

a new build of libreelec 11 available with:

- mesa 23.3.0-rc4 and dav1d 1.3.0

- added esp8089 and bcm43342 wireless driver (not tested because I don't have such chip)

- tune ssv6051p wireless driver

- fix Bluetooth driver on t95d box

- ddrbin v1.11

- tune CPU and DDR3 scaling governor

- various fixes and improvements

The build is very stable but some features are missing (like NAND).

My build of Libreelec 11 has some breaking changes that make it incompatible with previous Libreelec 10 builds. In other words, there is no easy way to upgrade your Libreelec 10 setup to Libreelec 11.

Cheers

Michele

fsdonato  markosc with this build I've made some experiments regarding wifi (missing driver and speed problem with ssv6051p). Please try and let me known

Hi fsdonato,

I'll do my best to support various hardware, but regarding kodi addons, I'll not guarantee because it's out of my scope.

Error "simple iptv one or more items failed"

Sadly I've not found the error in your logs.

However, I discovered that perhaps there is hope for your WiFi. I'm compiling a patch created by jock2 that should help. I will let you know

markosc is the wifi 6051p? because it could also depend on the CPU/DDR clocks which in this version of libreelec are lower (heat and optimizations that make overclocking less useful). I've made some improvements that I hope to release soon and that you might try. this is because libreelec 10 and libreelec 11 practically share the same kernel code (obviously adapted to the latest kernel versions)