Posts by ilmich

The tv resolution of mine (old) phillips is not hd, but hd ready. so it does 1080 x 720

I think, I did not now that linux do look at that, it has a output who do mention phillips.

try to share the output of dmesg command from ssh shell

The spdif is for sound, special music, spdif is digital, so I do not now if that works with

movies, but I think the cpu will decode and sent it through, the dac is stereo, I have no 5.1

or dolby, stereo is fine for both.

When you tell kodi to use spdif (for example) all sounds pass through it (ui movements, music, films, etc etc).

go to kodi --> settings --> system --> audio --> and "select default audio output device". valid options are analog sound, hdmi, spdif. you can also enable audio passtrhroug (useless with analog sound, works with hdmi, untested with spdif)

Version 10 do nice have also a volume setting whehn watching, but 11 do not frespond on the volume settings on remote control.

If the audio works, but you can't use the remote control to turn up the volume, you probably have a particular one that isn't configured correctly. If so you can follow this libreelec (https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/ir-remotes) guide to set the keys correctly (and maybe send it so I can include it in the next build)

Can I go to internet also? I have installed broweser but see nothing, somaybe hidden.

if you are connected to a network (not wifi because your device is not supported) obviously yes unless you have problems in your home network that have nothing to do with libreelec

All the other builds from you did install fiine and reboot also, no errors. can you explane how I can change the dbt files and resolutions, is this through ssh?

yes, there is a command to change the dts.. it is explained in the first post. Unfortunately I didn't understand the resolution problem. If the TV works correctly it should indicate (via EDID) the supported resolutions. The rk322x supports 4k at most

And as last question, what box is best to use, I have rt3229 who is only 32 bit, I need the last cpu from arm who do 64 bit because

much more support, I need spdif, because I am go build a dac.

I can't help you, the rk322x has a 2-channel spdif connector. If that's not enough for you, obviously there are more modern boxes but as regards libreelec support (or Linux in general), it depends on the case.
    The rk322x is well supported because a lot of the code was rewritten by volunteers and included in the linux kernel, and there is the effort of people like jock2 and me who test endlessly on the boxes they can find (the work behind my builds at the beginning it was really a lot).
    If you need a 64-bit soc you could try something that mounts the rk3328 or rk3399. These are also well supported

Last thing, did my test build solve the problem that you couldn't install it in the emcp?

ilmich hi! i read it, i wanted to install libreelec 10 on it. dont worry. wifi works fantastic on libreelec 11. im surprised how good both builds work, it really did change a lot in a year! I have contacted (again) jock on armbian forum to make multitool work on this box so maybe I can get armbian on nand and libreelec 11 on sd. i couldnt be more grateful to you for your work.

There have been improvements in the Kodi source code, I took advantage of some hidden configurations and gradually optimized the system. Consider that yours is one of the best boxes ever (apart from the fact that it has NAND).

consider that mine is an unofficial build of libreelec which is based on kodi, so I don't deal with addons and although I wanted to help you, you didn't attach any log :(
    I can tell you that I use it every day (as I believe other users do too) and I don't have any problems whatsoever

edit: there is no usable open source driver for sv5662p so better if you use ethernet or a USB wifi card
    try this test build : https://ilmich.libreelec.tv/libreelec-11/test/ and let me know if you can install it in emcp memory

keesijp60 Your box seems to have a type of internal memory called emcp (basically RAM and storage are in a single chip). I don't know if you can send the output of a uart serial, but I'll try to make some changes,
    Regarding your project, time, and several versions of libreleec ago, a user connected an rk322x box to an amplifier through the spdif digital output.

lukeluke1979
    March 31, 2022 at 1:59 PM

Maybe you can take a look to understand the potential of your box (the instructions also apply to my builds).

ochentay4 Finally, some time ago I found a box identical to yours. So being able to do some tests I also managed to get the wifi working (but only on libreelec 11)
    as regards the installation in nand (as in your case), from libreelec 11 it's no longer supported (as indicated in the first post that no one reads 8o). unfortunately, the source code is not available and with the new kernels, the nand binary no longer works.
    Maybe one day this may change. But considering that in my case a couple of nands chip start to corrupt!!! So I always recommend installing it on the SD card because it's more manageable (backups, replacements, etc. etc.)

Hi chaconet keep in mind that:

- mine is an unofficial project done in my spare time so basically in the first post you will find some information, but if it is not clear please help me improve.
    - the rk3229 was a very popular soc because it was very powerful and usable even now... this means that the variations are many and even if the images are nightly, I consider them stable on the boxes that I own. On others like yours, I need user support if possible.
    - due to the previous point, I chose to consent boot of my images on as many boxes as possible, which implies that the CPU/RAM is not optimized because some boxes need particular device trees (the supported boxes and the procedure for changing them are in the first post).
    - my build does not work if you try to flash device equipped with nand storage (which is not your case) but on sd/emmc it does. There is no automatic procedure within the build. But you can, after checking that everything works by booting to the SD card, flash it in various ways. This is not well documented because I recommend installing on internal memory only if you know what are you doing.

Said this:

- I'm preparing a device tree for your box (from the screenshots you sent it looks like a clone of the Tanix TX2) which I will ask you to try. In the meantime try changing the device tree following the table of the first post keeping in mind that your box has the ddr3 memory type (which makes everything faster but disabled on generic device tree)
    - if you want to install libreelec in the internal memory you can do it with the multitool (https://forum.armbian.com/topic/12656-cs…k322x-tv-boxes/). The procedure you find to install armbian also applies to libreelec (you just have to use my images)

Hi all,

a new build of libreelec 11 available with:

- mesa 23.3.6 and kernel 6.1.74
    - added RTL8812CU usb wifi driver (untested)
    - various fixes and improvements
    - updated to latest libreelec source (11.0.6)

Some features are missing (like NAND).

My build of Libreelec 11 has some breaking changes that make it incompatible with previous Libreelec 10 builds. In other words, there is no easy way to upgrade your Libreelec 10 setup to Libreelec 11.

Cheers
    Michele

edit: I'm starting to work on libreelec 12.

Hi keesijp60

I don't quite understand, does your box go to maskrom because you deleted the internal memory? or does it go there on its own, a sign that your internal memory is broken?
    Another question, does the multitool tell you that your box has NAND as storage type? Because in that case, you can't install libreelec in the internal memory, but you can only boot it from the SD card. Let me know

Can i clean install libreelec 11 on the emmc or it can run only from SD.

hi presko, yes of course, my build no longer works if you have a device with NAND storage type. but with the emmc it works like previous builds

Its most likely that wifi will start when i update to ibreelec 11. Or the firmware shoud be integrated in future update of the build.

for the RTL8821CU chip I will try to include it in the next build, which I have planned soon, but you will have to help me because I can't test it.

edit: try this build https://ilmich.libreelec.tv/libreelec-11/test/

hi LynxChaus , the legacy rockchip kernel (used by libreelec 9.2 builds) sets the resolution to 1280x720 if it doesn't read the edid. the mainline kernel instead (used by my builds) does the same thing but sets a lower and more compatible resolution.

Some users have had the same problem as you in the past, but I preferred not to change the behavior of the kernel because you can follow this guide (read carefully because some commands are exclusively for x86/x86_64 architectures)

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/configuration/edid

taking a pre-compiled edid like this

edid-generator/1280x720.bin at master · akatrevorjay/edid-generator
    Hackerswork to generate an EDID blob from given Xorg Modelines, complete with valid checksum. - akatrevorjay/edid-generator
    github.com