Posts by Gerrit507

Hello Guys,

I've some UHD material which is not hevc but avc/H264. I know that the pi is not capable of UHD output but I think it still should be able to at least decode it. When I start a uhd H264 movie the output only exists of green and red artifacts. I experimented with both OMX and MMAL and with only one of them enabled and I get the same result. Without hardware acceleration it doesn't work at all of course. How can I get it working or is it just beyond the pi's specs?

@awjouy

Thanks for your work. I was looking for something like this for a while.

I tried your addon on RPi3 and playback works fine but sadly the sound was very damped and did not sound very nice at all. I used the highest bitrate.

Amlogic support in Kodi is/was massively impacted by the VideoPlayer changes in Krypton and it's not far off a ground-up rewrite. It is improving but still quite a bit of effort to be made. It is likely that Generic/Pi devices enter LE beta and maybe even release while Amlogic things continue in Alpha for a while longer and follow their own sub-schedule. The good thing is we have a bunch of people starting to collaborate on Amlogic support instead of the historic situation where WeTek devs do 95% of the effort and others do the remaining 3-4% in isolation from each other. It's all a bit entangled and progress is slow, but we're making progress

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried 7.1.0 but there are also issues with it, though it works a lot better than the Alpha. I think I just gonna swap out my Rpi3 for the C2 each time I want to watch a 4K-movie and then switch back to the Rpi3 for TV, 3D, "widevine-content" and so on...

I haven't found the right software config for my C2 yet, Android has issues with Live TV and Multichannel-Sound/Pass-Trough and LE is not as nice and smooth as on the Rpi3, so I'm looking forward to a nice Krypton release

I think this has to go in the dev section of wrxtasy but just for the record, the issues I have with 7.1.0:
    - In UHD resolution the small preview picture of Live-TV channel overview is not showing correctly. It's only showing a part of the image.

- In Sytsem Audio Settings, I can't choose the audio channel like 2.0, 5.1 and so on with the default audio device. With the second(PulseAudio) I'm able to do so but then sound is not working at all.

On my raspi I have it set to 2.0 and Pass-Trough on, it passes through all 5.1 streams to the receiver but the 2.0 streams are working as "Dolby Pro Logic II", which means the receiver also turns the center speaker on...

Not so on the C2, with Pass-Trough enabled it just pushes a 2.0 stream in Dolby Digital to the receiver, which means only left and right speaker are on, which sounds really odd... The reason might be this missing channel option on the C2 At least if I choose 5.1 and pass trough on the rpi, I got the exact same behavior. On Rpi I use the default option(HDMI), which is also not present on the C2.

- Last but not least, Live TV channels sometimes take very long to start playing and then sometimes they also have no sound, sometimes it takes 3-4 tries to get a channel playing properly...

Just got my ODROID C2 today and put newest alpha on it.

First issue I discovered, is that I had to turn Hardware-Decoding of to make videos playback. With hardware-decoding I'm getting video for like 5 sec and then it stops and only audio plays. With hardware-decoding off some videos play but some just freeze up the whole device.

There is also an issue with Pass-Trough. I had to turn it off on H264 files to get sound at all, because with pass-thorugh I only got whirring.

Sadly the alpha is not usable at all on the C2 at the moment