Posts by toblerone

Hi Chewitt,

In the whitelist with a 4K resolution, I only have frequencies 30Hz and below, despite having hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 set in the config file.

I changed the resolution to 1080p using the frequencies you suggested as well as increasing the GPU memory to 512 as fbicknel said and the same problem shows. It makes me wonder because the audio plays flawlessly, and it seems to be the fact that the video is stuttering sets it progressively further behind the audio.

As in the case of fbnicknel, my CPU is definitely not overloaded. Something which may be a further symptom is slight screen tearing on the transitions in the GUI, as if the refresh rate is slightly out.

Do you have any more ideas? I am having a brainstorm but at the moment am at a loss.

Many thanks again,

Toby

Dear all,

I am having an issue with 9.2.1 on the RPi4 (I know it is still in development). On each video file (regardless of MKV ot M2TS or 1080p or 4K) the video stutters and at the same time, the audio starts playing ahead of the video. The effect gets more pronounced until the audio is a good few seconds ahead and it becomes unwatchable. If the video is paused and resumed, this is corrected for a few minutes or so before it starts again.

I have tried combinations of turning on and off MMAL acceleration, switching "adjust display refresh rate" (on start/stop , always, off), "sync playback to display", as well as adding a vast range of resolutions and refresh rates to the whitelist. I have also turned on hdmi_enable_4k=1 in config.txt but this seems to have mde no difference.

I am new to the forum and reasonably new to LibreELEC so apologies if I have overlooked something simple or if this is a known issue, or indeed if I am just being dumb. Any help would be appreciated as this is frustrating, as you can imagine! If logs would help, I would be happy to supply. :thumbup:

The issue appears to be similar to that described in the thread 2 RPI 4 model B, playback issue on 1 although that issue presents with just one file.

Many thanks in advance,

Toby