Posts by rellla

Hi all,

sorry for reactivating this old thread.

Editing the addon_manifest.xml with another package works so far with that command in the package's package.mk:

Code
    +  ADDON_MANIFEST=$(get_install_dir kodi)/usr/share/kodi/system/addon-manifest.xml
    +  xmlstarlet ed -L --subnode "/addons" -t elem -n "addon" -v "service.locale" ${ADDON_MANIFEST}

What needs to be done, to get the xml from $(get_install_dir kodi) into the image/system path in the end? Do i need to copy it manually or kick off the copy with a special command or need some other path instead of $(get_install_dir) ?

Thanks for your help

rellla

Maybe you can send it upstream?

I guess we should bring the board itself upstream first? Or do you mean upstream libreelec?

What do you do after shutdown? After shutdown you can only power cycle the board to turn it on again. You can of course try with removing "quiet". I suggest you add "ignore_loglevel" to get even more output.

I just do a shutdown in kodi and then disconnect the board from power supply. Then i reconnect it again. I still have to do some investigations, because on the HDMI input of my Samsung TV i get the black screen - but today i tried the same Box on a simple HDMI monitor and get Kodi screen again.

[EDIT]Update: After 3 hard power disconnects, the box goes to black screen even with the monitor. This smells like some random issue... I'll try it later agein. It's strange anyway.... [/EDIT]

[EDIT2]After disconnecting the board from power for ~10min, it boots again into kodi... Maybe this is a 2GB/3GB mem issue or thermal issue after all?

Btw, this happens with GitHub - rellla/LibreELEC.tv at eachlink_working, which is simply the Tanix Image with kernel parameter fix and the remote added...

With the other branches, i don't get networking up. But therefore I have to look into the dts for the differences.

By device you mean board? Devices in Allwinner project are actually SoCs. There is no way to set board specific kernel options. However, you can make SoC specific options. Just move that line in options file in appropriate device subfolder.

Yes, board. Thanks for your answer. So best would be to find a way, how this could be fixed within the driver?

jernej: I created a branch for the Eachlink H6 Mini here: GitHub - rellla/LibreELEC.tv at eachlink-h6mini

Libreelec builds, i will check, if it works tonight.

[Edit]The image works. It starts, resizes flash and starts again. Kodi works fine - but sadly it doesn't come up again as soon as i did a shutdown or disconnect. I get signal on HDMI. It's kind of a console ... i can see my inputs with keyboard and remote, but thats it. No network, just black screen.

Would i get kernel messages, if i drop the “quiet“ option?[/EDIT]

Btw, is it possible to set LibreELEC.tv/options at eachlink-h6mini · rellla/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub depending on the device?

rellla

jernej: Ok, hdmi setting is enough, to get it up. And this is the keymap for Eachlink H6 Mini remote control:

But i still have the problem, that the box doesn't come up after a reboot anymore... And i don't know how to debug it without UART....

By "reboot" you mean soft reboot, right? Usually that means that kernel crashed at shutdown. Uart output would help :)

ok, good to know, thanks!

No. As soon as i have shut it down, either via menu or cutting power supply, it doesn't come up again. On HDMI i can see what i type in with the keyboard, but it doesn't go further. Network isn't available, too. I have to check that, but wondered if there is a simple reason for that behaviour...

jernej I can report success with my Eachlink H6 Mini. Though I couldn't connect the UART because i have v1.2 which is missing the resistor. While soldering i damaged the pads :/

But i simply took the Tanix Image and added "mem=2048M video=HDMI-A-1:e" to the kernel options. It works fine now.

Next is to get up the remote control and check if anything doesn't works as expected. Thanks for sour work.

Regards

rellla

Hi,

as far as i understood, the tanix-tx6 image should work with the Eachlink H6 Mini regarding to my resarch here and elsewhere.

Is this supposed to work ootb or are there any tweaks necessary to get it work? I simply flashed my SD-Card with the image and fed it to my Eachlink H6 Mini, but i get nothing on HDMI. The device isn't reachable via network, too.

If i misread it and the Eachlink still needs some work, i will probably try to implement it...

Thanks for any hints :)

Regards

rellla