Posts by rellla

Urgh.. I didn't see that the first time (need new eyeballs).

Me too ;)

Afaics label_boot() in pxe_utils.c composes a new fdtfile from ftdir and ftdfile, so if fdtdir is "amlogic" and fdtfile has the "amlogic" prepend, we get a doubled amlogic in the end.

So, i did a manual bisect with the nightly builds and this is the result:

Code
    LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20231210-e521363-odroid-n2.img.gz (sha256) ok
    LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240228-c542431-odroid-n2.img.gz (sha256) ok
    LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240321-1972ad8-odroid-n2.img.gz (sha256) ok
    LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240322-5d8c60d-odroid-n2.img.gz (sha256) ok
    LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240323-353213e-odroid-n2.img.gz (sha256) ok
    LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240326-968e285-odroid-n2.img.gz (sha256) not ok
    LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240403-90a58fa-odroid-n2.img.gz (sha256) not ok
    LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240416-8b61557-odroid-n2.img.gz (sha256) not ok
    LibreELEC-AMLGX.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240617-6b04385-odroid-n2.img.gz (sha256) not ok

The issue was introduced somewhere between 353213e and 968e285. I didn't have a look into the commit history but will do so.

I'm still wondering, why it seems to be me the only one having this issue...

Thanks for moving the post.

I do not own an eMMC module, so i need to try SD. For a long time i used an arm-ARCH image which worked and yesterday i tried to boot the aarch64 one. I will try the linked image and give feedback. I have seen, there was some activity on drm/meson in the kernel, maybe it's one of those....

Hi,

i also have boot problems from SD, but with Odroid N2+:

This is with a manual built with LE13/VDRSternELEC. But the problem is the same with a downloadable LE12 from the SD Creator.

I will test with an older LE image and a most recent again. Not sure, what went wrong here.

Hi all,

i guess this is the right thread to ask my questions. I'll tell sth about the basics first:

With https://github.com/Zabrimus/VDRSternELEC we have a "fork" of LE/CE which applies additional packages and patches to LE to have a VDR (http://www.tvdr.de) as a fully useable "standalone" client of VDR next to kodi instead of just the VDR backend, like it's implemented in LE already. This works really fine already but i have some problems with the VDRs output-plugin still. The codebase (kernel, ffmpeg) is the same like in kodi.

The output plugin uses one DRM plane to render the OSD/GUI on (software or GLES), the video is hardware decoded with ffmpeg and is rendered to another DRM plane directly through prime. This works fine for Rockchip and Allwinner.

Atm I try to implement support for Rpi4 and Rpi5. The path is ok for hardware-decoded h264 on the RPi4.

mpeg2 on RPi4 and h264/ mpeg2 on Rpi5 is software decoded with ffmpeg and there I have some "blocky" display output and i still haven't found out, where the issue is.

My question is: What is the kodi-rendering way for software decoded video on Rpi4 and Rpi5? Is kodi using some memcpy to render to a buffer for DRM or does it render the video with GLES? If so, does kodi use separate primary and overlay planes for GUI and video or does it render both (GUI and video) onto one plane?

If GLES for video should be the path, which might be of succes, I'll try to implement it. But if kodi is getting the software-decoded video to DRM via some other path, I'll go on searching for the problem on my side.

Would be good, if you can give me some hints for the right path.

Btw., the blocky videos render in kodi just fine.

Thanks for your help

rellla

chewitt Hi, i'm answering here instead of irc. Was away some days...

Yes, thats me. My test device is a wetek play2.

We had an issue in our drm code. This didn't handle multiplanar planes, but thats fixed now with https://github.com/rellla/vdr-plu…810911f8c6e36e8

One issue is still remaining. I have a 576i TV stream, which results in a video, where lines are shifted horizontally. I'm not sure, if this is a deinterlacing (which should be disabled) or decoding or drm problem. Will the deinterlacer work at all atm?

I didn't dig into that one too deep, that was just a quick test. I will try to figure out some more the next days, but if you have any hints what we are are missing, i'm glad, too ;)

Hi jernej ,

coming back to my Tanix TX6 boot problem, i have serial access now and this is the log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The first two boots are fine, then the device stops 3 times at DRAM: 

The only possible way to proceed is to disconnect power.

Next boot (line 96) i accidentally interrupted by a power disconnect, but in the end it boots again.

Looking at the different DRAM values all over the log, it smells like some DRAM detection issue...

Would be cool, if you have some idea. Ping me, if i should open a new thread or if you need some more infos.

Thanks

rellla

EDIT:

Some more logs, after a next reboot try:

Display Spoiler

Hi,

sorry for pushing this thread up again. I also have this issue and can workaround it with a manual scripts/clean and scripts/build.

It comes up here, once i do a debug build in a build dir which had been the directory for a non-debug build before and vice-versa (without doing a clean build).

It's not that big problem for me, but probably there is still some issue somewhere and my description can help finding it.

Regards

rellla

EDIT: For the record, autogen.sh seems to be where it should be ...

Ok jernej , so here is my feedback:

Booting works now with the nightly image (and my self-built one ;)

I've got still problems with reboot. This seems to be board-version specific.

I own two different TX6:

According to https://linux-sunxi.org/Tanix_TX6#Identification it's the TX6-H 2nd version (with CS_H6_TX28_V2.7 20200616.L6 / RTL8822CS) - though it's just stickered with TX6 on the backside - which is the one, that doesn't reboot. I need to disconnect it from power and after a few attempts of reconnecting it suddenly boots again. It's not reproduceable how many reconnect tries are necessary...

The second one is a TX6-P (CS_H6_TX28_V2.5 20191209.L4 / XR819) with the TX6-P label on it. This one reboots just fine.

So, better than before, but still some reboot issue on the TX6-H (2nd version). Though this is surely no LE issue, but an upstream or hardware-specific one maybe this info could be helpful for you.