Posts by kopeyka

Updated my log link. I had to upload it to my Google Drive because it was too large to do any other way. With what you said about Ubuntu, now that I am thinking about it, I did have an issue with Lubuntu where at boot there had no sound either and I had to go into PulseAudio and mess with the settings there. That had to be done after each reboot and once messed with the settings, it started working the entire time until rebooted again. I think I had to either mute and unmute or something along those lines (it has been over 7 months since I used this PC). I can try the Ubuntu route but that will have to be on the weekend.

I agree. That's a good reference point to start with.

Additionally try to access your BIOS / EFI menu. Maybe you'll find some tweaks there.

Usually missing sound will not stop video playback on LE.

I was in BIOS yesterday and didn't find anything that could cause this. I read here someone had the same issue and fixed it by simply connecting aux cable. Granted this thread is quite old but that is what lead me to believe that the sound and video issues were connected.

FOUND A SOLUTION:

Step 1: Change Output to PULSE: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)
    Step 2: Run pactl load-module module-udev-detect command - this got the sound working and video does't stall anymore.
    Step 3: Add that line to Autostart.sh

Rebooted and the sound still works. Also, now the video doesn't stop.

I used this thread as a reference.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Not the list of (hardware) details we were hoping for, but you could start by providing Kodi's log file which should give us a better idea.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

Edited my post and added the log and some more hardware information. Interesting things in the log on lines 580 and 581

Code
    Feb 28 09:13:38 LibreELEC kernel: ALSA device list:
    Feb 28 09:13:38 LibreELEC kernel:   No soundcards found.

Also, I just wanted to add that the sound doesn't work at all before or after the video. Thanks for your help.

Hardware specs are interesting for me. I remember a user with a really tiny PC, and CPU performance mode was BIOS-blocked to avoid heat issues. Tiny PC's often want to switch to performance mode after some seconds of video playback, like described here.

That is an interesting thought but I do not think that's it. There is no sound at boot and I believe the video stops because of the sound issue. If video was the issue, GUI sounds would be working after boot, before video playback. Unless, I am completely off base here.

Hey guys,

I have essentially spent all day trying to figure this out and so far no luck. I have a small PC TV box that came with Windows 10 and then I tried to use it with Lubuntu and both were less than perfect so I decided to try LibreELEC because of how light it is and Kodi is all I need anyway. I installed LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.2.0 version. Now, when I try to watch any video, it stops after about 5-7 seconds and I also have no sound through HDMI cable to my TV at all. Not even GUI sounds. Just to avoid confusion - there is no sounds before or after I try to play a video. Before the video there is no GUI sound.

Things that i have tried:

1. Adjusting Audio output device (tried all the options) - It looks like Kodi sees the output and recognizes my LG TV "ALSA:INTEL HDMI/DP LPE Audio, GSM LG TV RVU on HDMI #2"

2. Allowing passthrough and all available options for passthrough output devices- set to the same output as Audio output device

3. Adjusting volume and mute/unmute during video playback and just on home screen

4. Different HDMI cables

5. Different HDMI inputs on TV

6. Adjusting TV settings

7. The PC has only one HDMI output but I did try AUX as well and that didn't work

8. All four different LibreElec Module Drivers

9. Fresh install

10. Various commands through SSH such as modifying /flash/config.txt file and amixer -c 0 cset numid=3 1 but that resulted in this -

'amixer: Control hw:0 element write error: Operation not permitted'

Hardware:

CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8350 XPU @ 1.44GHz

Total Memory: 1878MB

GPU: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics (Cherrytrail)

OpenGL version: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 19.1.7

Build: Kodi 18.5 Git:15.5-Lei

Compiled: 2019-11-2

Here is the Log

Any help is appreciated in advance.