Posts by ant_thomas

Believe ?
    Is it an M8s, M8sPro or M8sII
    You must confirm chip. You cannot guess.

The screenprint on the bottom of the PCB says S905_1G_V12.
    The lisiting I bought it from was S905 (not that it is proof)
    CPU-Z app says 4xArm Cortex-A53 @ 2.02 GHz - Revision r0p4
    The boot logo says S905
    Mini MX+ banner across the corner of the box
    [hr]
    FYI - .005 works straight away.

Yes that is correct (as you have found out )

In order to provide further help, you will have to let us know which version you are trying to install, as the latest .006 IS different

I'm trying to install .006

I believe it is an S905 box, not S905X.

Burned the image to SD as required
    Downloaded - gxbb_p200_t95n.dtb (1GB/8GB box) - renamed to dtb.img and replaced exisiting dtb file on SD card
    Inserted SD card
    Tried rebooting into recovery using the toothpick and the "reboot recovery" command in Android.

I have received my T95N box and I'm trying to setup LE on SD.

Booted to Android, got things like networking and date/time sorted.

Might sound like a silly question, but with no visible reset hole/button I took the box apart and found a button behind the AV socket, is that the toothpick button people are talking about? (edit: must be the right button - without the sd card this takes me to the recovery menu)

I've setup the SD as per the instructions, booted with the button I found pressed and it seems to stay on the Amlogic S905 logo for a long time. How long should it take for the LE logo to appear?

Should the MN88473 module compile automatically now it's included in the linux.arm.conf file?

Trying to compile for RPi and the files look to be there:

Code
    ./build.LibreELEC-RPi.arm-8.0-devel/linux-4.7/drivers/media/dvb-frontends/mn88473.c
    ./build.LibreELEC-RPi.arm-8.0-devel/linux-4.7/drivers/media/dvb-frontends/mn88473_priv.h
    ./build.LibreELEC-RPi.arm-8.0-devel/linux-4.7/drivers/media/dvb-frontends/mn88473.h

But no module is compiled.

I've made a PR for this on github. Hopefully it will be accepted as the DVB USB tuner in question is becoming increasingly common.

The firmware is already included in the libreelec/openelec repo.

It was also in libreelec 7.0 across all platforms except WeTek