Posts by symean

Thanks it is now triggering the fan based on temperature.

Now I just need to figure out why it's not changing the speed...it hits 40 degrees and it turns on, under and it turns off. Have tried different percentage values and they are all the same.

I know that's a question for Argon40 or someone else who is using one of these...thanks again for the help :)

Thanks Flex :) not sure what I was doing wrong before. It let me write the file. The file contains:

40=20

50=50

60=100

Start temp is 40 just so I can confirm the fan comes on, as the idle temp seems to hover around 42-43.

However I've restarted the pi, and the fan is not spinning at all (I can see it so I'm sure). I'm also monitoring temps with bcmstat.sh and it's been over 40 degrees for 5 minutes with no fan movement.

Must be something else I'm missing...

Thanks, more than happy to put the values back to what they were, just want to be sure if it does start to overheat for some reason the fan will do it's thing.

I tried to edit that file using nano and it was empty (or didn't exist...never use nano so not sure, but the screen was empty), I put values in it following this template:

argonone/argononed.conf at master · kounch/argonone · GitHub

...and when I tried to write it to file, it said the file system was read only. Any idea how I get around that?

Cheers :)

Hi all,

Recently purchased a Raspberry Pi 4 and the Argon40 Argon ONE case for it.

Followed the instructions here:

Argon40 Argon ONE Installation Guide for LibreElec Raspberry Pi Portal in Asia

...and I am guessing it all installed fine, as the power button works and I can manually turn the fan on and off by connecting over SSH and using ./argonone-config

However, I cannot figure out how to change the auto fan control temperature and fan speed steps. Default values are apparently:

55 C = 10%

60 C = 55%

65 C = 100%

Problem is, when playing 4K files I could not get it to go over 50, so I can't tell if the auto-fan control is working.

I would like to change it so it comes on at 10% speed at 40 C, at least so I can test that the auto fan speed is doing it's thing.

Can anyone advise how I do this? I realise this is not an LE issue but hoping someone in the community also loves LE and this case and has gotten it working :)

Cheers!