Posts by Alomon

Hi,

I'm not at home at that time and would need to stop my VPN connection. However, VPN manager restarts it automatically. Is there a way to prevent it to restart the VPN connection without accessing the GUI? A SSH command line, for example?

Thanks

Thanks, but as I said I've already installed this add-on. However, I thought I could access only media files but I've sorted that out and can now access all my OneDrive files from Kodi file manager. How could I now setup a periodical automatic backup of this folder?

Thanks.

Hi,

One could find out strange, but I would like to keep a local copy of my OneDrive files. For that, I guess I could use Kodi to (daily?) backup my online files to an external storage. I have installed the OneDrive add-on, but I can access only media files from it.

Do you know a way to access to all my OneDrive files from Kodi, in order to backup them to my local drive?

Thanks.

Regards.

Thanks. After having run these commands, I replaced

Code
    TetheringTechnologies = wifi

by

Code
    TetheringTechnologies = wifi,ethernet 

then reboot and

Code
    connmanctl tether ethernet on

Should it be enough or do I miss a command? It would help me understand why I still not have Internet on my other devices connected via Ethernet.

Regards

Hi,

I have Libreelec installed on a Rpi4, which is connected to the Internet via Wi-fi. I would like to create a bridge so that this Wi-fi connection is bridged to the Ethernet port. I'm not sure if it is feasible, even using command lines, as Libreelec has limited network configuration capabilities, even with Network tools addon installed.

How could I do this?

Thanks.

Regards.

Hey Alomon,

i also want to install nextcloud as easy as its possible :) I have tried it over the linuxserver.io repo but this will not work for me ... I hope may be you can help me. At the end i want mainly use KODI to watch tv and in the background i would like to run nextcloud. I have an raspbery 3b+ - and if that is not enough i will get a raspberry pi4 with 8gb.

Can you maybe give me some informations and what is the easiest or best way to install nextcloud on KODI (LibreELEC)????

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer. I recommend using these command lines to install Nextcloud, Mariadb and Letsencrypt: RE: Docker + Nextcloud + External storage

Then, the procedure will depend on how you want to access Nextcloud, if you use a duckdns domain or not...

To aptalca: what do you think about using a USB-powered external SSD with Nextcloud?

In my mind, Libreelec, Docker and Nextcloud would still be installed on the RPi SD card, but this SSD would be added to Nextcloud external storages to host files. Would it be a problem that the SSD would not be immediately up when Librelec starts? Is the RPi USB enough to power the SSD correctly?

Regards

Hi,

I'm back with a new tiny problem. My setup works perfectly: Nextcloud installed as a Docker component on Librelec, accessible from everywhere via my Duckdns domain and certified with letsencrypt. I also have cron tasks running everyday in order to backup my Nextcloud calendars. However, those cron tasks are actually cUrl commands which download an ICS file from my own Nextcloud instance. Unfortunately, I've discovered that those curl commands don't reach their targets because of a time out error, as described on this output:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # curl -v -k -u <username>:<password> -o <destination> https://<domain:port>/remote.php/dav/calendars/<username>/personal?export
      % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                     Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
      0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0*   Trying <ip:port>...
    * TCP_NODELAY set
      0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:31 --:--:--     0* connect to <ip> port <port> failed: Connection timed out
    * Failed to connect to <domain> port <port>: Connection timed out
      0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:--  0:00:31 --:--:--     0
    * Closing connection 0
    curl: (7) Failed to connect to <domain> port <port>: Connection timed out

I've checked that I can access https://<domain:port>/http://remote.php/dav/calendars/<username>/personal?export from my browser and download the ICS file.

I guess I could do something to make curl being able to download the file from my Raspberry and that it might be linked to the SSL certificate, but I can't understand how.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Hi,

Now I'm facing anothher issue. I would like to access my Nextcloud instance via (for example) https://www.domain.duckdns.org:2222.

For that, I've forwarded port 2222 to port 443 on my router, as Nextcloud and letsencrypt are accessed on port 443. But it doesn't seem to be sufficient, I've got a timeout error when trying to access Nextcloud on port 2222 and even from my local network.

Where am I wrong? Do I have to change some settings somewhere on nextcloud and/or letsencrypt? Or even to rebuild the containers?

Thanks

Different providers use different ports. Some providers allow connections on multiple ports. If you switch off 'Use VPN provider default UDP port' on the VPN Config tab in settings, then you can choose the port you use. It won't work unless your VPN provider allows it though.

And what about the ipv6 warning? Should I worry about it?

Hi,

Still trying to connect frmo oustide when CG VPN is activated. Reading the logs, I can see this:

[...]

2020-06-29 14:28:35.080 T:2580542320 NOTICE: proto udp

2020-06-29 14:28:35.081 T:2580542320 NOTICE: remote 87-1-gb.cg-dialup.net 443

[...]

Is it normal to use port 443 here. I would've expected port 1194 when I chose UDP, where am I wrong? I didn't change anything in VPN Manager settings. Logs copied on pastebin, after UDP and TCP connection tests.

Note that I have Nextcloud running on port 443, that could matter if this port has to be used as well for the VPN.

I'm also wondering about the ipv6 warning you can see in the logs:

2020-06-29 14:35:18.224 T:2672530288 NOTICE: Mon Jun 29 14:34:43 2020 WARNING: OpenVPN was configured to add an IPv6 route over tun0. However, no IPv6 has been configured for this interface, therefore the route installation may fail or may not work as expected.

Thanks.

duckdns address. Local traffic shouldn’t be going through the VPN. It should come into the router (which isn’t using the VPN) and be forwarded over your local network to your Pi. It’s exactly how I run mine, albeit with a different dynamic DNS service

That's what I understand. And I have no problem connecting to Libreelec from my local network when the VPN is activated. The problem occurs only when trying to connect to Librelec from outside. I can only reach my router, but not my Raspberry hosting Librelec. Port forwarding should'nt be an issue as everything work fine when VPN is deactivated, am I right? I'm running out of ideas, it seems pretty simple but doesn't work, should I try a different VPN service provider?

Thanks