Posts by UberAllex

My docker image information sources are (1) hub.docker.com (2) github (3) linuxserver and others. Start here. I recently installed 'linuxserver/jackett' and 'linuxserver/radarr' from scratch, and it's not difficult when configuring the service from the web page itself.

So here's what I found for myself (with a query at the end).

Using PuTTY to connect to the Pi4 over SSH I was able to look at docker and know it was there just by typing docker at the command prompt. Then using command docker search sabnzbd I could reveal a whole load of places I could download a SABnzbd docker image from. Knowing that the linuxserver.io fleet source was a good one (at least according to Servarr for Radarr/Sonarr/etc) I used the command docker pull linuxserver/sabnzbd. Once I'd got that I ran it using docker run linuxserver/sabnzbd.

My understanding is that this is an instance that runs only for the duration of the command issued (so if I inspected a file it would create the container, show me the file and then kill itself off. But the container continues to exist. Is this correct? Is this why I need to prune redundant containers before they get out of control?

While SABnzbd was running in PuTTY I could see it was opening a port (amongst other things), but I couldn't open a webpage to the IP:port. Is this to do with the port being created for the container, but the container port then needing to be mapped to the Pi ports? Do I now need to run the container with startup options, or something, to make the port mapping happen and reveal it over the network?

Duplicated from Reddit (any responses from there will be brought across to here as well.)

I've run my Pi4 as a self-contained usenet downloader and media centre using Thoradia until now. As that's no longer supported I've taken the plunge into what I think is the right way forward - Docker. But it's not as simple as I hoped (I can find my way around a computer well enough, but I'm always encountering new things I'm far from literate in.)

I've installed Docker and come to a halt. I had hoped the linuxserver.io repo would be my way in with SAB/Bazarr/Sonarr/Radarr, but most of the 'fleet' isn't listed. Then I thought DockStarter was a good route to follow, but it's baffled me too.

How do I access the add-ons I want in order to then configure them? Is there a whole Docker layer I'll need to wade through before I even get to Servarr config? (I've seen the Servarr/Docker wiki but it isn't helping me advance right now..) Any hand-holding/install guides/YouTube or shoving in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi. I'd like some general advice on when and how to update services/programs.

RPi4, LibreElec 9.2.6, Thoradia Add-ons 9.2.0.23, Sonarr thoradia 9.2.0.41, SABnzbd thoradia 9.2.0.35, Radarr thoradia 9.2.036, Bazarr thoradia 9.2.0.14

Each is set to auto-update. All functioning just fine.

1) In order to stay fairly up-to-date and stable should I simply leave my set-up to update itself (and me not get involved), or will that in the future find me 'left behind'?

2) (Maybe redundant depending on the answer to 1); SABnzbd is, for my installation, on 2.3.9, but I know there's a v3 available to upgrade to. Is this an upgrade I could do via the programs interface, or is this exposing me to dependencies I don't know about (or even understand) and risking breaking my install?

3) For Radarr I'm on v3.0.0.4079. There's a message informing me that I should change the branch to 'nightly', (currently on 'develop' which I understand to be a dead end, but perhaps the answer to (1) will satisfy my query). Should I change the branch and will I benefit from doing so?

4) Similar for Sonarr; I'm told there's an update available - should I take it?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi, I'm at a bit of a loss about how to diagnose or resolve my issue. Please suggest what I should look at or do..

Until last night I had frequently and without issue been able to open a File Explorer window on my Win10 PC, enter the IP address of my Pi4 LibreELEC box and then navigate about its folder structure.

Last night I had been trying to use a file explorer on my Android phone to see if I could roam around using that from the comfort of the sofa without having to go upstairs, etc.. (I failed to, but that's another story.) Whilst 'playing around' I enabled and later disabled SAMBA, and in the last couple of days I've updated to LE 9.2.5 but that's all I remember altering. There's also a chance there was a Win10 update when i rebooted my PC.

Now i can no longer use Win10 file explorer without a message popping up: "Windows cannot access \\192.168.0.21". The message window offers the chance to 'Diagnose' and that results in a Windows Network Diagnostics message of: "Problems Found The remote device or resource won't accept the connection. Detected"

It's the correct IP address and my internet browser still has local access to SABnzbd, Sonarr, Radarr, etc. I've restarted all the hardware including the router. [Shrug] What next, please?

Thanks for the input.

So, after poking around I came across this description of how to create a new partition, but it's from 2017. Are the instructions still valid in 2020?

Formatting and mounting 2. hard drive

Code
    parted -s /dev/sdb mklabel gpt
    parted -s /dev/sdb mkpart primary ext4 40s 100%
    parted -s /dev/sdb name 1 'MEDIA'
    mkfs.ext4 -L "MEDIA" /dev/sdb1
    fsck.ext4 -y /dev/sdb1

And would it be so easy as to substitute ext4 for EXFAT if I wanted to use that file system format?

Hi. Advice welcomed on the right format (NTFS, exFAT, ext4, etc.) for my circumstances, which are that I have an 8TB archive external drive I want to fill up with movies/TV.

These files are currently sitting on my windows PC and I'll want to access them from the PC in the future, but the primary use will be LibreElec on a RPi4. I intend to download to the RPi SD card, then move the completed download to the external disk.

(I hope there will also be music files which I'd like to access via BubbleUPnP, but that should be straightforward and could be ignored if not possible.)

What's best, please? /shrug

Hi.Sorry about this, you're going to have to treat me like a complete noob and ELI5 as I've fallen at the first hurdle. How do I install Thoradia repo, please?

I've just got a RPi4 (2GB) and done a fresh install using “LibreELEC USB-SD Creator” .

I tried adding Thoradia straight away, but failed several times using different URL addresses each time. To prove I wasn't a complete idiot I've managed to add the Yatse repo from a URL and zip, so I know I can do something correct, but what should I be doing for Thoradia? Is there an up-to-date idiot video or guide?