Posts by PeterCloet

I recently purchased a Samsung QE55S95B (Model 2022).

When I tried to connect my RPi4 (running LibreELEC 10.0.2) using a deleyCON cable (HDMI 2.0/1.4a - High Speed with Ethernet - ARC 3D 4K Ultra HD 1080p 2160p) the TV keeps saying "no signal" or "power on device". I'm connecting to HDMI2. The Pi was working properly previously on my Samsung HDTV (UE42F5700).

Adding "config_hdmi_boost=7" to config.txt and/or cmdline.txt didn't help.

A fresh install of LibreELEC 11.0.3 had the same result.

A fresh install of PiOS (64-bit) had the same result.

I tried swapping out the HDMI cable for a different one but to no avail.

What is odd is that when I start the PI without an SD-card, I do get a signal on the S95B. So this would imply that both cable and television are working properly.

Anyone out there who would be able to help me troubleshoot this?

Anyone out there with a similar TV who already faced and solved this issue?

Bump.

I recently replaced my SMB server (Windows 2008R2) with a Synology NAS.

Unfortunately, I'm seeing the same problem there as well.

Kodi can access and play the files from the SMB share without issue.

However, when I try to access the same files using UPNP, I get a permission error.

This behaviour only started after upgrading from LE9 to LE10.

Anyone out there who can shed some light on this or help me troubleshoot this issue further?

Log file upload: https://paste.kodi.tv/gilicemira (Line 2735 shows (one of) the permission errors).

Hi,

I have a LE setup running on a RPi4.

Since I upgraded my LE9 system to LE10, UPNP has stopped working.

I can still browse the library but when I want to play a video, the UPNP player (VLC in this case) just isn't able to play the file.

The logs seem to point to a permission error with SMB accessing the server (Windows 2008R2).

The weird thing is that I can play the same file (using the same SMB share) without issue locally.

Has something changed in the UPNP set-up that could cause this permission error?

FYI. My other LE system (also running on RPi4) still on LE9 isn't showing this behaviour and is able to stream the file(s) from the same server over UPNP just fine.

Code
    2022-01-05 17:44:34.735 T:16857    INFO <CUPnPServer[Eros]>: Received Browse DirectChildren request for object '0', with sort criteria +dc:title
    2022-01-05 17:44:35.932 T:16857    INFO <CUPnPServer[Eros]>: Received Browse DirectChildren request for object 'library://video/', with sort criteria +dc:title
    2022-01-05 17:44:36.829 T:16857    INFO <CUPnPServer[Eros]>: Received Browse DirectChildren request for object 'library://video/tvshows/', with sort criteria +dc:title
    2022-01-05 17:44:38.190 T:16857    INFO <CUPnPServer[Eros]>: Received Browse DirectChildren request for object 'library://video/tvshows/inprogressshows.xml/', with sort criteria +dc:title
    2022-01-05 17:44:44.324 T:16857    INFO <CUPnPServer[Eros]>: Received Browse DirectChildren request for object 'videodb://inprogresstvshows/138/', with sort criteria +dc:title
    2022-01-05 17:44:45.689 T:16857    INFO <CUPnPServer[Eros]>: Received Browse DirectChildren request for object 'videodb://inprogresstvshows/138/4/?tvshowid=138', with sort criteria +dc:title
    2022-01-05 17:44:47.467 T:16867    INFO <general>: SMBFile->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://10.0.0.100/pelikaan/Multimedia/Series/Star%20Trek%20Discovery/star.trek.discovery.s04e03.720p.web.h264-cakes.mkv'
                                                       unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

I recently upgraded to LE 10.0.1 (RPi4.arm).

I also reinstalled the Opensubtitles.org add-on from the Kodi Repository and configured it with my user/password information.

However, when I wanted to download subtitles using this add-on, I got the following error:

"Error searching for subtitles. Your opensubtitles.org username or password is empty or not valid"

I double-checked my credentials by (succefully) logging into the opensubtitles.org site using a browser so I'm quite sure these are working.

I can't find any immediate error in the log-files (attached) but I'm hoping this a known issue and has an easy fix.

Peter

I had a RPi4 (1Gb Memory, 16Gb SDHC) running just fine on LibreELEC 9.1.002 for a couple of weeks.

However, when I upgraded to 9.2.0, the GUI starts becoming extremely sluggish a couple of hours after booting. When browsing through the Movies or TVShows libraries, it takes a considerable amount of time for the lists to load. Playing a movie/show is never a problem and I don't notice any delays once the media-file is playing. The issue seems to be limited to navigating through the UI. Once I downgraded to 9.1.002, the issue stopped and the UI is as responsive as ever.

I'm running the following add-ons: Auto Library Updater (every 24 hours), Trakt TV (scrobble and update after a library update), Backup (once at midnight).

My library contains about 155 TV shows and 650+ Movies. All files are shared from a Windows 2008R2 Server using SMB but as the problem seems to be more related to navigating through the library, this shouldn't have any impact on the cause.

Any ideas anyone? Seems like I'm stuck on 9.1.002 for the time being.

Peter