Posts by Cruiser

Hello Cruiser!

I am glad to see you on this thread

On Raspberry Pi, Kodi and spotify-connect-web use distinct sound architectures (pulse audio for Kodi, alsa for spotify-connect-web).
    I am not aware that alsa is able to playback via hdmi and jack (this documentation suggests that hdmi and jack are exclusive).
    If you find out a way, please let me know, and I will gladly implement it

Cheers

Hi awiouy,

sure, the world is small
    With the documentation, i understand. And i can't read it different, there is no solution for that.
    So, i am glad, that one output is enough for me

Hello Loggio,

As for sound, the addon and Kodi are independent.
    You can use HDMI for Kodi, and the headphone jack (or another sound card) for the addon. It is what I do.

The onboard sound interface routes playback to either the jack or HDMI, but not to both.

Auto detection can be summarized like this: if, when the RPi boots, the display claims to have speakers, sound is output via HDMI by default; if not, it is output via the headphone jack. Auto detection is not always acurrate.

Hi awiouy,

why is it not possible for the addon to send sound to HDMI and headphone, like kodi can do it? Is it to difficult to code?
    For my case it is enough to get the sound over headphone, so i am only interested in the reason.

Now I need info about the software: what release of LibreELEC is installed? What is "an app like yarvis" (i could not find a yarvis addon with google)? What do you use to play music?

The RPi is not powered by the tv, right?

Yatse is the name of the app, it was the wrong name. With this app i start my music.
    Libreelec version is "LibreELEC (official) Version: 7.0.2"
    To play music i use the installed libreelec music player.
    RPI is not powered by tv, has its own power supply.
    The interesting fact is: With openelec i could here music with my construction over my amp. So something is different in libreelec with the audio.

Hello,

my problem is not easy for search, so maybe it was asked and answered before.
    I update from openelec to libreelec with no problems. With openelec i used my mediacenter as topless audiostation with an analogue connection to my receiver and an app like yarvis. HDMI is connected to my tv for videos.
    As i updated to to libreelec the situation is like this: i only get audio output to my receiver over the analogue output, if my tv is on. If i switch the tv off, output will stop over the analogue.
    I hope someone can help me.

Greetz,
    Cruiser