Posts by donkeykin

pactl list short sinks returns

1 Snapserver module-pipe-sink.c s16le 2ch 48000Hz SUSPENDED

2 librespot_sink module-null-sink.c s16le 2ch 44100Hz SUSPENDED

In this case I have Null Output but it looks like a sampling conflict is causing my change in pitch.

Shouldn't they both run at 48000Hz?

How do I force that to happen on startup?

For some reason my snapserver started playing the audio at a lower pitch and with increased clipping ...

I have snapserver on a Pi4 and snapclient on a Pi3

aplay -L returns:

null

Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)

default:CARD=ALSA

bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA

Default Audio Device

sysdefault:CARD=ALSA

bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 ALSA

Default Audio Device

iec958:CARD=ALSA,DEV=0

bcm2835 ALSA, bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI

IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output

Perhaps I need to edit pulseaudio.conf? When I SSH in, I'm not sure where pulseaudio.conf is located ...

Or do I need to clear some cache?

I had some unexpected power outage before the issue started .. someone flipped my mains a few times on the fusebox for the whole apt building ...

Any suggestions?

Hi All,

I have awiouy's Snapcast server/client working but not sure on the startup procedure ..

Often I'll have the snapserver showing Pulseaudio Null Output .. it can't find the client?

Do I have to do multiple reboots of both pis to get the audio working?

Another question pertains to using the Snapserver for audio from Retroarch or Emulation Station for game play .. is it possible?

I am running Libreelec 9.2.0 on an RPI4

Many thanks,

donkeykin

Hi,

Having installed the GameStarter repository with Emulation Station, RetroArch, etc, I'm curious if it is possible to stream the audio from one of these for gaming with snapcast audio ..

At the moment the option is for default or Kodi .. will a default option allow for the gaming audio to work with Snapcast?

Thanks,

Lawrence

I'm struggling with setup of the Snapcast. I'd like to stream the audio on Kodi on to another pi through wifi/bluetooth ..

I'm running Libreelec on a Pi 4, installed the Snapserver on it .. installed a snapclient (GitHub - badaix/snapcast: Synchronous multi-room audio player) on the other pi 3B

Do I need to install a SnapClient on the Libreelec as well .. when I do all media streams grind to a halt ..

Should I somehow sync the snapcast with PulseAdio on both pis?

I'm still somewhat confused how to configure my snapclient config file ..

currently I have something like this:

Code
    START_SNAPCLIENT=true
    SNAPCLIENT_OPTS="-d -h 192.168.0.123"

Is that correct?

I have the same problem as the original poster ..

Just installed Libreelec on a Pi 4 .. trying to output audio through bluetooth.

In my case the receiving device is another Pi 3B running Balena Sound as a bluetooth receiver ..it works with my Android phone but not Libreelec on the pi 4 ..

I connect with the deice through Kodi and have the reassuring doorbell sound through the speakers .. so it connects ..

Audio out is set as Pulse/Bluetooth ..

But no sound for music or films ..

Any advice??

pactl list short sinks | pastebinit

returns the following:

Code
    bluez_sink.B8_27_EB_E1_3F_44.a2dp_sink	module-bluez5-device.c	s16le 2ch 44100Hz	SUSPENDED

Also see attached kodi.log ..

Does anyone have a suggestion?