Posts by thestupidbloke

Hello,

This looks really cool, great work. I have libreelec installed on my lenovo m93p pcs in my house, we use it as a tv box. One major issue is that we don't like the youtube kodi add on compared to youtube tv addon, well in fact smart tube apk. So would it be possible to sideload this android os that you have alongisde libreelec so we can run youtube/smarttube apk and a few other apks? If you can give any info it would be a great help. Thanks!

First of all, a huge thanks for developing and sharing this, it will be of real use to me in my setup where my tv does not work with youtube tv addon any more.

I have tested the addon and found the following:

- fresh install of addon, I ticked Use custom Chrome path and left the path as default, also ticked use own user profile.

- Youtube TV launches and works great in terms of navigation, was even able to log in to my account.

- 1 issue is that the sound doesn't seem to work the way it is set in my profile. In your youtube tv addon, chrome is playing sound from my computer speaker, whereas in the Chrome libreelec addon, I have a custom audio device tag "plughw:0,3" which forces sound to my hdmi, and I can confirm that works by playing vids directly in chrome. Could it be that the chrome settings are not being picked up by your addon, even though I have ticked to use my profile?

- second issue is exiting the addon - pressing escape takes one to the leave youtube dialog, but pressing ok takes you back to youtube home screen instead of back into kodi. The only way I can seem to exit the addon is to use alt+f4. Is that something that can be fixed?

Once again huge thanks for your work, this is really promising and much appreciated!