Posts by mpxc

I've been using 17.6-final (PlusGen1) on X8-H+ and it was great!
    Updating directly to 18.3 broke the file system, since I had to use .nocompat to even get it going.
    Flashing stock RC2 fixed it, but RC2_NEWBOOT also fixes the shutdown bug, so that's the one I ended up using.
    Freezes during playback went away with these:

- refresh rate = 50
    - adjust display refresh rate = always
    - sync playback to display = on

Ethernet MAC is set to "1E:00:00:00:00:00" and wireless to "00:90:4C:11:22:33" - at least it's consistently wrong so its not a big deal.

Access to HTTPS that uses a self signed certificate now requires adding it to ".config/cacert.pem" - CN has to match the hostname as well.

There are some errors in kodi_crash.log, such as:

ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oe::load_url(releases.json) ## ERROR: (URLError(gaierror(-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution'),))
    ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oe::load_url(updates.php?i=nostats&d=libreelec&pa=x8-h_plus.arm&v=le9-kodi_18.3&f=) ## ERROR: (URLError(gaierror(-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution'),))

Even after disabling all of auto-updating, they still appear.
    Using wget on first one worked, but I noticed that "telnet" is unable to connect to anything outside of LAN.
    There were no problems installing add-ons, so I guess its not a big deal.

To sum it up, when it first broke I considered getting a newer box, but with this update there is no point, it works pretty damn good!

Thanks datrh for your work!