Posts by NeB

I updated it yesterday so maybe you were installing it while I was making some changes, please download again the latest addon version for your OS and try again:
    script.gamestarter-v2.2-OLE.zip

Might be a silly question, but how do I update your addon ?
    If I check in its parameters, it says there is an update available, but it doesn't update.
    And if I try to update it from the addons menu in Kodi settings it says there is no update available.
    Do I have to download V2.2 and install it on top of V2.1 ?

Thx.

I made some tests with escalade's build core and it seems to work much better than previous n64 core.
    In OpenELEC 6 (my personal installation) I needed some extra libraries to make it work, it is strange, I found them and it works.

If you want you can try the core in LibreELEC in order to know if those libraries are also needed. I included core in my package, you can download and extract it, copy into /storage/.config/retroarch/cores/ then run retroarch and select content/core. If it does not work check gamestarter.log

here is the cores package including glupen64:
    libretro-part2.tar.gz

I've tried this, and it looks like libraries are needed in Libreelec too.
    Every time I try to load the core in Retroarch, it doesn't load, I'm brought back to the Retroarch menu and the message displayed at the bottom of screen is " no core loaded"...
    Maybe I didn't do well, because I'm usually an EmulationStation user as frontend and this time I launched Retroarch from the Advanced Launcher addon.
    Also, I couldn't find where is stored the gamestarter.log

Do you plan on updating your addon with this core instead of the Mupen64 one ?
    That would be nice !!
    Thanks.

It's hard to say what could be better for you between Recalbox and Libreelec + Gamestarter.
    It really depends on what you use the most.
    If it's watching movies and TVShows, you'd better go with Libreelec + Gamestarter.
    Otherwise, go with Recalbox.

I have 2 Pi3 at home, one with Recalbox in an arcade cabinet, and one with Libreelec hooked to the TV.
    I can watch Movies and play retrogames on both, but to be honest I believe in your special case Libreelec + Gamestarter might be the best choice.
    Recalbox is really useful to play games and build an arcade cabinet as I did, but its kodi implementation is not the best...I would say it's designed for gaming, and the plus is that you can watch movies with it.

On the other side, Libreelec + Gamestarter works like a charm but you need to go through Kodi to access your games.
    So as I said above, it really depends on what you do the most but I would recommend you Libreelec + Gamestarter.

Installation is really easy, get the zip, put it on your SD card, then install from Kodi's system menu.
    Then launch Gamestarter and configure it (to choose between Retroarch or EmulationStation as frontend).
    When it's done, you'll find a new folder called emulators in /storage, and in this folder you'll find some folders including the roms and the bios ones.
    In the roms folder, you'll find folders for all the supported systems, just put your roms in these folders and you're good to go.
    Really simple to setup.

supported systems are the following :
    amiga
    atari2600
    atarilynx
    atarist
    gamegear
    gb
    gba
    mame
    mastersystem
    megadrive
    msx
    n64
    neogeo
    nes
    pcengine
    ports
    psp
    psx
    snes
    videopac
    zxspectrum

;)

Hi !!

First, thanks for this wonderful addon.
    I'm the proud owner of a self made arcade cabinet, running with Recalbox, but being able to run old games on my main TV too, and directly from Kodi, is really a must !!

bite_your_idols, any chance to replace the mupen64plus-libretro core with the actual mupen64plus emulator ?

That's how it is in recalbox, and performances are really much better (for example Mario Kart 64 runs like a charm with no stuttering at all, even in menus and startscreen).
    Retropie recommends it too : Nintendo 64 · RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup Wiki · GitHub

I can test anything if needed, I can also try and do it myself if you point me to the right direction (not sure where to put config files and so on...)
    Thx !!