Posts by Exitras

Hi Klojum,

many thanks for providing your help!

I mean with the "movie preview page" the section, where you can see covers of all your movies - movie overview.

I just figured out something super strange! After a lot of headache and research, I decided to put the micro sd card in my Raspberry Pi 4 (but with 4gb ram) and it works just perfectly. No freezes and reboots. Everything is all fine.

So the problem is solved for me. I will contact the supplier and ask for a replacement.

But I'm wondering whether this is a known problem...

Update:

I installed Libreelec again and everything was super snappy and smooth. After I added the Movie library (with my Zyxel NAS using SMB, about 500 movies), the problems are back. So this is definitely related to the movie library.

I read that german letters such as ä, ö, ü can cause problems and I removed all of them in my movie names.

Hello,

I recently upgraded from a Raspberry Pi 2 to the new Pi 4 1gb to have a smoother Kodi experience. However, I experience lots of freezes and restarts whenever I move into my movie preview page.

I read lots of posts with similar problems and did the following:

I tried various PSUs including the original Pi4 PSU.

I changed the micro SD card.

I installed a fan to avoid overheating.

I updated Libreelec to 9.2

The Log shows that memory usage is always around 350mb (of 697mb). The CPU is maximum at 35%.

I noticed that the frame rate drops dramatically from time to time (it is fixed to 23.987fps but drops down to around 15fps).

Nevertheless, Libreelec is still crashing every time I open the movie preview.

The Movies are located on a NAS wired with ethernet.

All in all, my old Raspberry Pi 2 is way more responsive and faster. Also starting videos is faster.

I hope anyone of you has an idea of how to solve this problem!