Posts by pasnox

I just migrated to 10.0 from 9.2 where my encrypted disks / setup was working corrrectly.

On 10.0 it does not works. For some reason, /dev/mapper is not populated.

When I check in journalctl -xe, I can see systemd-cryptsetup-generator exiting with error code 127:

Oct 03 21:28:18 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Reloading.

Oct 03 21:28:18 LibreELEC systemd[960]: /usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator failed with exit status 127.

Oct 03 21:29:56 LibreELEC systemd[1]: dev-mapper-luks\x2d1610e63e\x2de78a\x2d48e9\x2da3f1\x2d25a073dfc0ce.device: Job dev-mapper-luks\x2d1610e63e\x2de78a\x2d48e9\x2da3f1\x2d25a073dfc0ce.device/start timed out.

Oct 03 21:29:56 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Timed out waiting for device /dev/mapper/luks-1610e63e-e78a-48e9-a3f1-25a073dfc0ce.

Oct 03 21:29:56 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Dependency failed for luks mount for Kodi 1610e63e-e78a-48e9-a3f1-25a073dfc0ce.

Doing some testing from ssh, we can spot some missing dependency in the binary (or at least, what looks like bad rpath, or /lib/systemd missing from the lib paths):

LibreELEC:~/.config/system.d # "/usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator" --help

/usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator: error while loading shared libraries: libsystemd-shared-247.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

LibreELEC:~/.config/system.d # find /lib/ -iname 'libsystemd*'

/lib/libsystemd-shared-242.so

/lib/libsystemd.so

/lib/libsystemd.so.0

/lib/libsystemd.so.0.30.0

/lib/systemd/libsystemd-shared-247.so

LibreELEC:~/.config/system.d # ldd /usr/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-cryptsetup-generator

linux-vdso.so.1 (0x7ee9a000)

/usr/lib/libarmmem-v7l.so (0x76fb5000)

libsystemd-shared-247.so => not found

libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0x76e75000)

/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 => /usr/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0x76fca000)

If I try to add /lib/systemd path in LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my shell, then I can call the tool without an error, still the system is broken and can't show my devices.

EDIT: By the way, is it normal to have multiple version of the same lib ? libsystemd-shared[242|247].so ?

I'm running on a RPI3 device.

Can you share the retroarch build script ? I would like to upgrade retroarch to latest version but i have no idea how you built it.

If you want to auto mount your encrypted devices, you need to setup scripts like the one present on the libreelec machine at this address:

.config/system.d/cryptsetup.mount.sample

From this sample file you can define your own, it's self documented.

For a fully automated mount, you will need to register a key in plus of the passphrase in the luks partition and store it somewhere so that it can be accessed when needed to decrypt it.

This of course defeat the purpose of encrypted partition as anybody booting the machine will have access to the content.

But it's handy when the encrypted disk is not always attached to the libreelec machine.

Tokens like crypttab, luks key etc will be handy in your web searches to setup the automatic unlock of the encrypted partitions, then the systemd mount services will auto mount the luks mapper devices.

UPDATE: so lsblk, udisksctl, sudo and apt-get are not part of the distro (see below). So I'm out of my depth here. I do have the LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-sky42-9.2.6-#201025.img.gz image running on my Pi4 now and I have SSH'd into the box. But found that I do not have a clue how to try and mount my encrypted SSD from the command line (having tried and failed with the commands above). Any pointers on how to decrypt and mount my SSD would be appreciated?

Also, what distro is LE based on?
    END UPDATE

Hi, I'm trying to get LE running on a RaspberryPi 4 (RPi4) with the ability to mount an external encrypted (LUKS) SSD. I'd be grateful if someone can advise if the image: LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-sky42-9.2.6-#201025.img.gz, at the following link, is the correct/best/most current image to use for my purposes: sky42 LibreELEC community builds ?

Also, if the above image does support LUKS, I would be grateful if someone can tell me if I am on the right track with the following commands to decrypt and mount my SSD?:

As said in the documentation (can't remember where), the approach is to define systemd mount services files for each disk/mount point you want to automate.

If you really just want to do manual mounting, the way to go is:

- Open the encrypted partition with the luks open tool (this will provide new devices in /dev/mapper/luks-xyz)

- Mount as usual those luks devices