Posts by Eriol Brumel

Hello,

I have a Raspberry Pi 4/2GB with the latest stable release from LibreELEC.

I use Kodi mostly for audio. I have a stereo amplifier connected via the RPi4 3.5mm jack, and I have a soundbar connected through HDMI.

When I use the analog audio I have to toggle the volume very high on my amplifier; it seems that the output signal is very low. The problem is that if I or one of my family switches to CD or other sources, the volume is far too high ... Is there a way to adjust/increase output volume on analog output?

Uh, and just for sake of clarity: Yes, of course I am aware that one can toggle audio in Kodi itself; I usually have it on "maximum" and then toggle the amp.

Thanks!

Eriol

Hi, is Kodi starting through and running? I had this issue, too. First thing I did was to log into Kodi/libreelec from my notebook browser (using the respective IP address to log in). From there I went into the display and video settings and could fix the problem.

Please note that 4k needs to be activated if you want to use it (but for the KODI GUI it is not recommended), but I understand this is not your issue.

Cheers,

Eriol

Hello,

i have a Raspberry Pi 4/2GB with the latest stable release from LibreELEC.

When I play MP3 audio files, I have regular dropouts - i.e. every few seconds there is a "stutter" in the music, or a drop-out.

When I play flac, or even video files, I don't have this problem, it only occurs with MP3. I used to have an RPi2 with OSMC and had purchased the MP3 licenses there; there was no stuttering with the same files ...

Does anyone know advice/help? Thanks!

Eriol

PS: What I am currently trying is to add the follwing line to /flash/cmdline.txt - but this unfortunately does not help ...

Code
    sdhci-bcm2708.missing_status=0 sdhci-bcm2708.sync_after_dma=0

This hint came from this forum. Maybe someone understand this line and can adapt this for LibreELEC?

I have noticed that the audio drops are only occuring in the normal setup and analog output sound. When I switch to HDMI sound there are no drops.

My setup however is: HDMI --> TV/5.1 audio system for movies; analog --> stereo audio system

As I am using audio only more often than video, I would like to keep this setup.

I have not found a solution yet ...

Kind regards

Eriol

Has anybody here an idea that might help?

I thought that it might be possible to increase a buffer size (I never had this issue with my old RPi2 with much less RAM, but still ...). But I am new to LibreELEC and I do not know how to increase the streaming buffer to make use of the 2 GB capacity - and I assume this is taken care of during installation anyway.

Hello,

I have recently upgraded from RPi2 with OSMC to RPi4 2GB with latest stable LibreELEC (installed through Linux installer). I have activated all updates in LibreELEC and as well updated the RPi4 firmwares through LibreELEC menu. I have a LAN connection, wifi and bluetooth are disabled.

I use Kodi mostly for audio streaming from my NAS with my 2.0 stereo system (analog, will be Hifiberry - I bought the wrong case and the Hifiberry does not fit :( So currently it is just plugged to the 3.5 mm jack.

I also use video playback, both streaming from the internet or my NAS.

When playing audio I have regularly very short audio drops every couple of seconds. I have tried different settings - audio setting to analog only or analog and hdmi; activating and deactivating audio passthrough. The device shows no indications of network isseus (and I do not believe this is an issue because video streaming works).

Has nayone an idea what I could try?

Thanks!

Eriol