Posts by powerdude

I have a HTPC built with a Gigabyte B450M and a Ryzen 3 2200G using integrated graphics. It seems the new 9.2 that LE auto-updated on my HTPC is producing a display issue that is similar to what I used to encounter when I previously tried to install LE 9.0.2 and a few Linux OS (Mint, Manjaro) many months back. What happens is the display will freeze at a random time and then there will be artifacts here and there on the display. Keyboard inputs no longer work. I never figured out how to resolve it but I tried LE 9.1.002 alpha in the end and it has been working solidly until this update.

What I did notice this time is that the HTPC isn't completely frozen like I thought. I could still transfer files back and forth using other computers in the home. I think the kernel is the same compared to 9.1.002 but I didn't check the Mesa version.

I'm not sure if there's any way for me to produce any logs since once the display freezes, the keyboard stops working also. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy 9.1.002!