Posts by jimbolaya

I've been using the nightly H6 build for my Orange Pi 3 for a while. Every once in a while there's hiccups, but I like it quite a bit and it seems to work very well. I really only have one plugin, for MythTV. This is on a 4K TV.

Over the holiday break, I upgraded from 20200917 to 20210102 and noticed that when viewing recordings from MythTV, the video and audio would pretty quickly get out of sync. I poked around and eventually found that deinterlacing was turned on by default. After turning it off, the video stays synchronized.

I don't know if deinterlacing was turned on by default before, but if it was, it worked. If not, I would like to find where to turn it off for everything, but a search of where I thought it might be in the interface failed to yield a result.

I don't know if the deinterlacing synchronization issue is a bug I should report somewhere?

First of all, thank you for working on this. I've got an OrangePi 3 and I loaded nightly-20191015 on to see how it worked and was pleasantly surprised that it seems quite good. I loaded the mythtv plugin and found it works fine with this image.

I did notice that LibreELEC will go to sleep or kind of turn off if the TV is turned off. But it doesn't wake up correctly. I'm sure there's a setting to prevent it from turning off that I haven't found yet. I'm hoping that the waking up will be fixed eventually.

I wanted to try the newest nightly, so the other day I got nightly-20191118 and upgraded by putting the image into /storage/.update and rebooting. Apparently the mythtv plugin is not compatible with this version. Reading other posts, it appears I will need to build it myself if I would like to keep using it with the newer images. I'm looking forward to upcoming BT support on this platform.