Posts by AlpineSkate

Thanks for your reply "chewitt"!!

I think people need to re-read my original post. Maybe I'm actually asking for an additional feature, but I believe a feature that will improve the product, libreELEC, which is an excellent product.

Let's keep things simple: Libreelec has a feature under "Setting/LibreELEC/Network/Wireless Networks (Active)" called "Enable 'tethered' Wireless Access Point". If I enable and set things up, I can connect with my remote device's WiFi (so, my mobile phone in this case) and connect to the Internet over the 2.4Ghz frequency. Great! The feature works :) Now the part which really concerns my question. I have got LibreELEC, running on a PI 3B+ and a Pi4 which can handle the 5Ghz frequency, but I cannot connect on the 5Ghz channels/frequencies. It would be great to connect using my 802.11ac capable devices, so 5Ghz, so I can have far faster Device <-> Pi/LibreELEC <-> Internet speeds.

My guess is LibreELEC cannot support 5Ghz/802.11ac yet??? No problem if it is not supported, but maybe someone the development team would be interested in implementing?

I want to use the Tethering/Access Point feature on my Raspbarry Pi, and I want to use the 5 Ghz frequency. I've installed Network tools, but no matter what I try, as soon as I select "Enable 'tethered' Wireless Access Point' things appear to drop back to 2.4 Ghz. I'm assuming that the feature needs updating so that Libreelec offers 2.4 and 5 Ghz AP availibility? Is there anything I can do to force 5 Ghz? BTW - connecting the Pi as a 5 Ghz client works fine.