Posts by dhammika71

Connman's hotspot feature is the equivalent of a mobile phone hotspot (which is exactly what it was designed for) and has similar levels of simple on/off configurability. It is not designed to be an access point replacement and there is zero intent or interest among it's developers to evolve it into something more complex. You can change the SSID name and passphrase in LE settings. It doesn't mess anything up (at least, not in LE). LE does not build connman with the DNS proxy feature. OSMC does build with it.

LE is an embedded distro so you cannot update packages using a package manager (as there isn't one). If you want that kind of shizzle you need to stick to a more conventional distro (OSMC, Armbian, etc.). Current LE alpha releases use connman 1.36 which is the latest release.

Hi,

I know this is old topic. But I am also looking for a solid WiFi hotspot configuration.

In my AML905x box, Wifi works but hotspot is unstable. Clients are disconnected after 3 seconds or so and then reconnects. This continuous re-connection is the only issue I have with Libreelec/Coreelec. Tried to tweak connman without success.

I am developing IPTV solution with Kodi with inroom wifi hotspot for a Hotel.