Posts by Daikath

Thanks for the reply, upon the first boot I did see the text alongside the splash screen. Then the reboot came, I saw the color splash screen and then it got stuck on the libreElec screen again.. It does look like I need to go back to LibreElec 9 to have it on a analog tv.

Thanks for the assistance again though.

It now boots to the LibreElec splash screen, I don't see a version number, but I'm guessing that is just about outside the tv frame. But it gets stuck now on the first LibreElec slash screen after the Raspberry Pi color splash..

I tested it again on a HDTV and it boots fine. on a analog PAL rca out, it is stuck on the second opening screen.

I tried googling it, I did look further than last time. But I don't see people posting the same problem.. If anyone could help me I'd be really grateful.

I should've looked further..

HiassofT clearly explained how to do it here

HiassofT
    November 10, 2021 at 4:27 PM

Thanks HiassofT!

I bought a new raspberry pi 4 4GB, finally found one in stock. It came with Kodi/libreElec installed on a micro sd card already.

I went onto the sdcard and edited the config.txt file to add enable_tvout=1, I pressed enter and added sdtv_mode=2 for my PAL television..

I checked it out on a hdtv,, and it boots fine into the menu. I then connected it to a analog tv. I get the color splash screen,, but then the video signal stops..

I tried googling for a solution but nothing came up.. If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it..

Everytime I boot into kodi, I go into video calibration to reduce screen size. I altered settings so kodi can alter and delete files. It keeps library settings just fine. But everytime I need to downsize the screensize in video calibration..

Even using overscan_top, bottom left, right settings into config.txt did not turn out well.

I'm not sure how a log file would benefit here. Is this a general bug? I know most people don't care since they use monitors or hdtvs.. But I use it to get netflix on for my retro gaming consoles.. I can leave it on and set it when I do turn it on,, it just irks me a little.

Is there a fix for this yet or do I just need to be patient?

I just tried to install Kodi 18.2 from Kodi 18.0 once I had some issues. Since I only have a raspberry pi 3 this version came up.

I used the LibreElec installer ap, the LibreElec USB-SD Creator program.

I chose LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-9.1.502.img.gz flavor.

I burned a new image to a microsd card and it installed fine. But in black and white on my PAL tv.

Once the initial install phase was done I shut down my raspberry pi. Put the micro SD back and looked into config.txt

I added in sdtv_mode=2 and I got the wonderful colorful startup display, I then see the libreElec logo.... but then just black... I remove the sdtv_mode thing and it all worked fine again,,, except in black and white... I try it again.. after I see a libreElec logo it is black... but then a yellow lightning bolt appears.. showing me my Raspberry Pi is actually running...

So I'd like to recieve a color picture,,, I did not have spaces in my new line, and I put it at both the end and start... Am I missing something?

It was solved due to this thread! raspberry pi zero w, kodi works with composite ntsc but it doesn't with composite pal