Posts by Cordyceps

That doesnt seem to work. I get an error, and hitting Tab only gives me the option for Installer or Live. This is with a fresh write of the USB to make sure I was starting new.

EDIT: I have appended the lines:

"LABEL run

KERNEL /KERNEL

APPEND boot=UUID=0306-1729 run quiet tty vga=current"

to syslinux.cfg, which seems to enable auto RUN to boot. This has fixed the need to type RUN at the EFI prompt, but i still do not have any form of persistence as the OpenElec Setup Wizard comes up every boot.

Hi guys, sorry to necrobump, but i think some updates may be in order with this thread and also, I am here with the same question.

As per vpeter's instructions above, I changed both the syslinux.cfg in the root and the one nested in the EFI folder, just to cover the bases as I was trying on multiple machines and sometimes EFI booting wasnt working. I got the boot: prompt (in EFI) and had to hit TAB to get the available options which were INSTALLER and LIVE. This is where i think the syslinux.cfg has changed between versions since January. Having said that, I am going to try changing the Default to LIVE rather than RUN.

Also, how do we setup persistence for the USB? Of course I want to have addons and configs stay over the occasional late night reboot.

Quick background, this is eventually going on an X5 Atom box for my older father. He is going to use VNC on his laptop to see what he is doing, and select what he wants to watch, close the VNC session, and reopen as necessary to choose new content when he is done.