Posts by olci

Tried again to compile Crazycat's media_build against 5.7.0 rc3.

Had this compile error (seems depending on cycitv.c):

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank you,

sdf

if you have libreelec you just need to enable tbs drivers in driver addons than it should work

I checked crazycat's sources there is support for all of versions hdstar you should try to build and test i think it's gonna work

Code
    git clone --depth=1 https://bitbucket.org/CrazyCat/media_build
    cd media_build 
    ./build
    sudo make install

my patch does the job way dirty to add support hdstar_v3 id in source there is no way to include sorry :(

crazycat's drivers can be installed in libreelec you can try

you will get same result with patched vanilla kernel

discussion and patch for "fwnode_get_name" error

if you need to build media_tree you have to rebuild your kernel with patch or you can build vanilla kernel 5.7-rc3 with my dw2102.patch.txt

either way both will work but there is another m88ds3103 patch just drop to media_tree if you decide go with vanilla kernel I recommend to apply that patch in kernel too

if you have a hdstar_v3 device than you can build plain upstream media_tree with dw2102.patch

device will pick m88ds3103 and brad love patches already included to upstream

don't forget the put firmware files dvb-demod-m88ds3103.fw and dvb-demod-m88ds3103b.fw to /etc/firmware