Posts by tomjuggler

Ok thanks jdww for the feedback, I managed to salvage my corrupt SD card by copying the contents to a new SD card, amazingly this worked, saving me the effort of setting up again. I don't have a heat sink but with the old March build running I can put my finger on the cpu and it's hardly warm, unlike the latest nightly where it was burning hot. Living in a hot climate the temperature is a real concern!

Anyway, Netflix is up and running again, and the family is happy once more. That's the main thing.

I am going to have a look for the source on github and see if I can find the reason it's heating up for me, if I have time. Not sure if my laptop has the resources to build this whole project from source, though!

First of all I would like to express my thanks to jernej for all the hard work. I have been using libreelec on an Orange Pi PC specifically for almost a year now, and it's the only project which works with the latest Kodi and Netflix. I recently updated due to a corrupt SD card and the new nightly image (LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.80-nightly-20191018-31cb9c0-orangepi-pc.img.gz) is running really hot, from bootup. I am downgrading back to the image which worked for me for so long, (LibreELEC-H3.arm-9.1-devel-20190324131249-b764cb6-orangepi_pc.img.gz) - to avoid a fire.

My questions are:

1. Is this ok from a security standpoint

2. I know that previously the Orange Pi PC was underclocked to 1ghz because of lack of thermal monitoring, has this changed now? Just wondering why the temperature suddenly went up.