Posts by tbouska

This happened to me as well and I suspect it to be related to MacOS Catalina post [LibreELEC Forum]

This is how you flash the image manually on Mac:

1. Get LibreELEC-xxxxx.img.gz for your device from Direct Downloads
    2. Unpack it: gunzip -d LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0.2.img.gz (the filename can be different, I will continue to refer to my case going forward)
    3. Determine the disk device corresponding to USB/SD Card you want to flash to:
      1. Execute diskutil list
      2. Plug the device you'll be flashing the image to
      3. Execute diskutil list again and take note of the new disk which appeared (I will refer to /dev/disk2 going forward)
      4. Be 200% sure that you took note of the right device so that you don't damage your system. It is very unlikely that your USB flash or SD card is represented as /dev/disk0, because that is almost always the disk on which your system is installed
    4. Unmount the disk: diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk2 (it was /dev/disk2 in my case, yours can be different, so replace the disk number in all the following commands)
    5. Zero out the partition map: sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rdisk2 bs=1024 count=1 (now you are accessing the disk in raw, so the device name is /dev/rdisk2 and not /dev/disk2)
    6. Flash: sudo dd if=LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0.2.img.gz of=/dev/rdisk2 bs=4m (it will take a while and no progress is printed, be patient and don't unplug the USB/SD Card)
    7. Unmount the disk: diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk2