Posts by Filip

The NAS is active 24/7, it's just that the hard drives spin down after 30min. of idle time ... it's debatable whether it should be 30min or 1-2-3-n hours, the issue remains that most of the time LE10 will give up waiting for the hard drives to spin up which was not happening with LE8/9.x and rPi2/3 ...

if instead of trying to quickly play something I start browsing thru the NFS mounts and get into a subdir that was not cached recently, this will trigger the hard drives to spin up and then any play action will start w/o issues ...

there is a setting to wait for network during booting up, I wish there would be a similar setting for my problem as well ...

Hello everyone,

One problem I have with my rPi4 after upgrading to LE 10 is that when trying to play a movie from a NFS-connected NAS, if the NAS HDDs are in sleep mode (which becomes enabled after 30 minutes of inactivity so that the HDDs won't spin continuously), LE doesn't have 'patience' anymore to wait ~10-15s for the HDDs to start spinning again and start sending data ... in such cases LE will throw an error message (something about not being able to play the selected file) and give up ... LE 9.* did not have this issue, it was showing a moving circle icon while was waiting for the NAS the wake up instead of giving up ... further more, sometimes such a request to play a movie from a sleeping NAS will not even trigger the NAS to start to spin the HDDs because if this would be working I could wait 10-15s before retrying to play and by then the NAS would be awake ... if after several timed attempts it still doesn't want to play (because the NAS is still sleeping), I have to go to 'update the library' will seems to always wake up the HDDs and then the play request would work ... how can I fix this?

Thanks

as the title says, while playing some HEVC HDR10+ (based on MediaInfo data) the colors looked washed out (if I pause the movie, the fanart picture that pops up in the bottom left along with other controls has proper colors)

I downloaded as a separate test a free 4K sample (1m of Elysium) that MediaInfo doesn't show as being HDR and that one plays fine

the TV is an LG OLED E8, I tried both enabling or disabling the HDMI UHD deep colors from the TV settings, no improvement

I've read in a separate thread a few others complained about similar (?) issues a few months ago but no complains recently so I'm hoping there's a fix to my issue