Posts by mtrcycllvr

I just de-installed a 12TB disk and replaced it with a 20TB disk. I can apply an ext4 filesystem on it, but I cannot mount it and LibreElec is not automounting as I expected.

Have I hit a 32bit architecture limitation?

I thought, well, perhaps if I partition it, but all attempts at using parted to manually create labels and partitions have utterly failed..

I have two of these sort of "all in one" systems, a case, SATA controller, and big SATA disk with a RPi3 - I have one for SURE that is working with a 16TB disk without issue.. I just sort of assumed that an increment to 20TB under ext4 would be just as straight forward?

Geekworm X832-C1 Metal Case Compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 & X832 V1.2 3.5" SATA Storage Board & X735 Power Management Board (Not Support X832 V1.0/X835)
    This is a Geekworm deisgn metal case with latching power control switch and super mute 4010 cooling fan for Raspberry Pi 4 , X835 3.5" SATA Storage Board and…
    www.amazon.com

Any ideas?

Thanks!

And, now that I've upgraded from 9.2.8 to 10.0.3, I can't relable the drive as mkfs.ext4 thinks the drive is mounted, which it is not..

Code
    TrailerTrash:~ # mkfs.ext4 -F -I 128 -i 67108864 /dev/sda
    mke2fs 1.45.6 (20-Mar-2020)
    /dev/sda is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesystem here!
    TrailerTrash:~ # mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda
    mke2fs 1.45.6 (20-Mar-2020)
    /dev/sda is apparently in use by the system; will not make a filesystem here!
    TrailerTrash:~ #

I am utterly baffled at this point. The upgrade to 10.0.3 broke my ability to, say, jack with number of inodes or up the block size to perhaps bring things back within limits..

Thanks for any thoughts!

-ET-

Hello all!

I purchased a ROCKpro64, one of their handy NAS cases and a PCIe SATA card.

Combining all of the above results in a very expensive SBC that can't see the SATA disk. I found a vague reference to the stock PCIe card being contentious, so I replaced that, but no go - same symptoms.

The hardware WORKS - when I load up, say, Ubuntu, there is a 9.1TB /dev/sda that I can and did newfs without issues.

But LibreElec (multiple builds for the ROCKpro64) all refuse to see the SATA disk.

I'd just use a USB to SATA converter, but there are no INTERNAL USB ports and I don't want an external cluster **** of cables - that was the ENTIRE point of this exercise - a SINGLE box with all my media that works off of 12VDC for my RV like thing far away from the clutches of the internet..

The output of:

Code
    blkid
    mount
    dmesg

... can be found here: libreelec_sata_missing - Pastebin.com

My sincere thanks for any thoughts about why this device which SEEMS very nice on paper isn't working the way I would expect it too?

Sincerely,

-ET-