Posts by Muffy

Hey, it's me again. :)

My setup is running since 9 month perfectly. (3 PIs in a network)

Now i want to export all important data on a new SD card with the new libreelec 10.0 version. (runs way much better than the older version on my PI4).

In quick, what do i have to copy from my old to my new system?

- mediasources.xml

- advancedsettings.xml

- sources.xml

How do i export the sql database?

Do i have to copy MyVideos116.db and rename it to the new current used DB?

What about Textures13.db?

And do i have to copy the whole Thumbnails folder?

If you already scraped your entire library using local sources, then yes, the database is kinda useless. You could fix things with a bandaid of sorts on the local/server machine and play with pathsubstitution in your advancedsettings.xml file, but I would set up things correctly and scrape the media collection properly.

It's best to also delete the Thumbs folder and the Textures13.db file, and also drop the current MyVideos116 database, as currently there will be thumbs and references to obsolete files once you use the SMB source(s).

I've deleted all files you mentioned, but after a reboot the database is still there and is starting to load all images again from the internet.

Anything else to delete?

I have turned off "Widgets" which was the problem.

The database on the server client runs fine now!

My last problem is to set up the client:

I've copied the advancedsettings.xml, sources.xml, Textures13.db, and the whole Thumbnails folder to the right folders.

Everything shows up correctly on the client, but I can't connect to the hard drives of the raspberry server.

In the sources.xml of the server:

Code
            <source>
                <name>Filme 2</name>
                <path pathversion="1">/media/Extern 2/Filme/</path>
                <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
            </source>

I have problems with changing the path for the client:

Code
            <source>
                <name>Filme 2</name>
                <path pathversion="1">smb://root:[email protected]/media/Extern 2/Filme/</path>
                <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
            </source>

What do I wrong?

I have some really strange behavour today:

It doesn't work again.

After a reboot, the preview section has the movie covers (last seen, unviewed movies etc.), but if i click on "movies" to see all my database, it's all empty.

If I change the IP to a wrong one and reboot, the preview section is gone. Therefore it connects to the database with the right IP, but doesn't show everything.

Any ideas?

I have a question regarding the advancedsettings.xml

Do I have to type mariaDB instead of mysql under "type"?

Do i have to change the user and password? In libreelec under the MariaDB Server app there is a root and kodi user with a password for each user. Do I have to take those setting?

I have a PI 2, Pi 3 and PI4.

The PI 2 had some problems with 1080p streams. After a overclock and turning off de-interlacing, it runs finally smoothly.

The Pi 3 had never such issues. It runs perfectly.

The Pi 4 has still some jittering/running on slow motion and the GUI has some flicker problems.

I've tried:

- overclocking

- turning off de-interlacing (which helped a little. 1080 seems to work now but UHD has still the same problems)

- setting the total memory to 2024 (have a PI 4 2 GB)

- setting the graphics memory to 512

- whitelisting all relevant resolutions

- tried serval refresh rates

Overall, nothing really works. The GUI flickering is still a problem and UHD streams are still running not smoothly.

Could it just be a big malfuction at all PI4s beause even after a years, there is still no real funcional graphics driver?

PS: retropie has the same GUI flickering problem

Hi, I need some help for my small project.

I have 3 PIs running in my house and my goal is to share only one movie database through the network.

I've started to use this tutorial MySQL/Setting up MySQL - Official Kodi Wiki but apparantly libreelec is a read only system.

Therefore i couldn't install mariaDB via putty.

Then I found out that i can install mariaDB directly at libreelec, but after that point I have no clue what I have to do next. I can't find any config files and I have no clue what I have to set up on the client PIs.

In a nutshell: I need an easy tutorial from scratch.

I would be glad, if someone is able to help me. :)

I have the exact same issue.

After a reboot my channels are not loading even though everything is setup correctly.

IF i go to the settings of the simple client, deactivating and activating the client again, all channels are shown correctly.

There is some odd saving issue with the new libreelec version.

I've also noticed, that my config.txt does not keep the reading/writing rights, even after setting it to:
    mount -o remount,rw /flash

After a painstacking amount of testing, i found out that if I create a new folder, I am able to srcap it once.

Afterwards, if I add a new movie into that folder, it won't work anymore.

Therefore it's a new bug, but also a cumbersome "fix" of the prior bug. At least I'm able to add movies again.

If I add those movies on my PC from the HDDs connected to the Raspberry via lan, then i can scrap every single movie with no mistakes.

Therefore it's a problem either from libreelec or some conflicts with raspbian.

I exclude a direct problem with the HDDs.

Either way, I have still no clue how to fix this issue.

Bug1: A bit weird... Which disk format do the HDDs have? NTFS, EXT4? Something else?

Bug2: There is a bug with movies/tvshows and a large number of fanart links. I'm not sure if this is only for MySQL or for SQLite as well (I only use MySQL). See here: Fields too small in MySQL Database (Solution included) · Issue #15768 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub

The full drive is in ntfs, the drive which maybe causing the problems is on exfat. Could be this a problem?

I don't think this is the same bug, because I'm not able to scrap any new movie in my database.

Hi,

I'm using a Raspberry pi3 with Libreelec 8.2 and two connected external HDDs.

Bug1: I was always copying my files to the external HHD via Lan. At some point I couldn't write any more data on the HDD, eventhough it was bearly at 30% usage.

I can still copy the new files through my PC and afterwards i can still read those files at my Raspberry.

Bug2: At the same point where i couldn't write new data through Lan, I couldn't scrap new movies in my database. Libreelec just don't recognize new movies if I do a database refresh.

Under "Video" i can still select my HDD and navigate through my scrapped movies with covers and the new one without.

(I've tested it on libreelec 8.2 and a 9.2 version. Both had the same bug, although they could scrap a different amount of movies)

The memory and storage are looking OK for me:

Any ideas?