Posts by butterkitty

I can eliminate the HDMI audio clicks / glitches if I limit the maximum audio volume to ~85%!

Can anyone confirm this?

Maybe something is configured incorrectly in the audio/HDMI driver here?

I've noticed that the clicking is better when the output it lower.

I've also notice that it happens predominantly in 5.1 or higher and if you limit output to 16bit, it seems a heck of a lot better. I find the higher the quality of audio, the more it pops. Usually the higher the bit depth, the worse it gets.

Back on the topic of audio quality, I managed to get rid of the HDMI audio clicks / glitches by installing and using PulseAudio (with tsched=yes, i.e. glitch-free mode). I guess the ALSA interrupt latency or variability is problematic on rk3399.

I've been wondering if pulseaudio would be able to fix it. Would you happen to have a how to on doing this? I've implemented the settings from KOPRajs, but I feel that's not a long term fix really. I even have to do it with the newly released LE 10. Would be nice to have a more proper fix, and using pulseaudio would be great.

I've been doing testing via the commit listed for the pull request here: Rockchip: add mainline linux support by Kwiboo · Pull Request #3560 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

From what I can tell, when I set the sample rate to fixed and either 44.1 or 48khz, the clicks and pops are a lot better, but are still there. When I up it past that they are VERY apparent.

I tried hooking things up via 3.5mm jack on the device but I don't actually see the output as an option within kodi.

I also tried to pair my bluetooth headset that I usually use with my phone to it, but I couldn't get bluetooth working on this commit version (I swear it works on 9.1.501 as I had paired a PS4 controller at one point)

So, I can't really test outside of HDMI at the moment sadly, but I can confirm the pop issue.