Posts by TNS

With you file some keys works... but the mapping is wrong.
    For example OK key mute the volume or key "6" is vol+

What means "your remote factory code seems to be 1dcc"? can I get some information from my current android firmware?

could you try installing the keymap editor addon and try to remap the keys according to your preference. it is very simple to use. hope this helps. I had similar problem with mini M8S-II and the following post on the wetek forum helped me in creating a custom remote.conf for my box.

Press any key in your ir control and directly ssh (dmesg -c) in the ssh terminal
    You will get something like this (wrong custom code is 0xXXYYZZZZ)
    If you didn't get this message ,that's mean that your remote control don't support NEC ir protocol try another one
    Write down this code because you will use it later

now open the remote.conf of ur android firmware

1- Change the factory code with this 0xZZZZ0001 (ZZZZ is the factory code)
    (ZZZZ is the digits you have got from the ssh above)
    For example if you get in the dmesg
    wrong custom code is 0x14fg76ad
    So your code should be 0x76ad0001

2- Delete all the lines between Key_begin and key_end
    Don't delete key_begin and key_end lines

3- now the hard work time
    In this step you have to lead each key in your remote (or you can program only the major function keys) to be understood from wetek
    Wetek cross the commands with dictionary
    Usually each command have a number
    You can find the command number in this file:
    https://github.com/torvalds/linux/bl.../linux/input.h

For example volume up command number is 115

Now press the key you want to program it and directly ssh dmesg -c you will find something like this 0xXXYYZZZZ

Now between key_begin and key_end lines write this
    0xYY 115 ;volumeup

(The YY is the 5th and 6th digits)
    And only space between 0xYY and the command number

You should write like the last command line for each key in your ir remote)
    and it should be between Key_begin and key_end lines

At last save the file (which exist in ./config folder)
    And reboot your wetek and it sould be working

you can test the file without rebooting with this command

remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf

Place any zip file on the SD card and use the Backup & Restore tool to force the reset into recovery mode.

See some screenshot there, but remember that you only need a dummy zip

After 2 reboots the system is working, except for the remote control.

I have followed the instructions to update the config without success.

I see some errors in my dmesg but I don't know how fix it.

Code
    [   22.095206@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xbb441dcc
    [   22.435852@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xbb441dcc
    [   22.891726@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   23.183017@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   23.441370@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   23.732678@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xed121dcc
    [   24.353422@0] remote: Wrong custom code is 0xbb441dcc

Can you try this. Rename this file to remote.conf and place it in /storage/.config and reboot or run remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf. your remote factory code seems to be 1dcc and have accordingly attached the file. Best of luck(hope it works, fingers crossed) :)

The Beelink MiniMX III II is exactly what I have.
    [hr]

Okay, thank you. Sounds very complicated, but I'll dive in this weekend

Try this file. rename it to remote.conf and Copy it to /storage/.config/ . Then type remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf from ssh shell or reboot. if you use win SCP it will be much easier. I have a MINI M8S-II and I had the same issue. I googled and gathered the info and got my remote working finally. Best of Luck

Unfortunately, the latest 7.0.2.007 doesn't work at all on my Beelink MiniMX III with S905X. Pulsar's build boots just fine, but doesn't recognize the original remote. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix that?

You can paste the remote.conf from android to /storage/.config and then run remotecfg /storage/.config/remote.conf from ssh and see if it works.
    Else you ssh into LE , press any key on the remote, type dmesg -c, check the code displayed. the whole procedure to map the keys to the remote is available on the internet. Once you get the factory code then it is relatively simple (using keymap editor).

I am using the same Box with the same Pulsar Build but somehow my box's remote control does not work. Its absolutely dead. Would be great if you could tell me how you got it to work on your box. At the moment using CEC which works great.

After reading through the thread I'm not clear on which img is working best on the S905X, Pulsar or Kszaq.
    I've got a Mini M8S II. I tried to load 7.0.2.006 numerous times on it yesterday via toothpick and got nothing but a blank screen. I followed the instructions to the letter.
    I don't really care to change the Android ROM at this point and would like to work with LE from an SD boot. Nand flash would be a second choice.
    So at this point which img is working best and most functional? Wifi is not an issue for me.

Have the Same Android TV Box. @Pulsar's Image works like a charm. Have installed LE on SD card and have been using for the past 24 hrs. Everything works for me except the IR remote that came with the box. But CEC works great with my LG 42" TV (1080p). I cannot vouch for 4K playback. But give this img a go and you won't be disapointed. Wifi works. installed transmission service and it works flawlessly. Both these guys, Pulsar & Kszaq and all the others who contributed to this LE build , I think this is some awesome work. These guys give the chinese boxes a new lease of life. The android 6.0 firmware that comes with these boxes is a nightmare to use.