Posts by nvdias

Gonna try your command...you have some code I never tryed before..

what is this for?

Code
    -g 100 -af "aresample=async=1:first_pts=0"

Still stopping on my setup..max it plays is 10 minutes...are you using FFMPEG addon from Libreelec repo?

Your 10 mins, might be a memory problem.

I am not using ffmpeg from libreelec. I've made a ffmpeg compilation with omx serving nginx server for live web transcoding of recordings - I might share it in the forum but I do not believe that is the issue.

-g 100 is the GOP length. 100 is recommended for mpeg streams.

-af "aresample=async=1:first_pts=0", helps audio resampling when there are interruptions in tv reception and solving audio de-syncs.

-bufsize 2048k increases the buffer size to help again handling interruptions in reception.

These had been very helpfull for me in receiving steady streams.

• For your tests I suggest you use an unencrypted channel.
    • Also confirm you have a good cable connection (of course).
    • And depending in your device, as I have a Raspberry Pi4 with 4GB, I have dedicated 512 KB to the GPU, which has been helpfull in timeshift buffering and fast-forward and rewiding recordings (gpu_mem=512 in /flash/config.txt)
    • About timeshift, i only use RAM for timeshift, never disk, which also increases stability, as less disk access when watching tv.

Have you tried nextpvr? not sure if it's any good or not but it seems to be actively supported. Maybe somebody here knows if it's any good or not.

I've tried nextpvr in my RPi4 with libreelec.

As i have docker installed is wuite easy, just need to add privileges and devi /dev/dvb/adapter0, and adjust directories.
    But ...... NEXTPVR fails the transcoding in RPI devices.

AND ... does not support encrypted channels.

Tvheadend, even with not much updates in the past years is still the best pvr backend.

TRANSCODING WITH TVHEADEND AND FFMPEG

About some issues, some people asked some threads above, regarding transcoding with tvheadend.

I use tvheadend nighlty build (4.3 beta) which support spawning.

I'm using ffmpeg compiled with omx installed in libreelec.

for reference I share my ffmpeg transcoding for tvheanded.

I call it "transcode-omx". It uses about 60% of RPi4 total performance:

Code
    {path_ffmpeg}/ffmpeg -loglevel quiet -i pipe:0  -vf scale=640:360 -vcodec h264_omx -vb 512k -bufsize 2048k -g 100 -af "aresample=async=1:first_pts=0" -acodec aac -ab 128k -f mpegts pipe:1

Just add-it "configuration/ stream" in tvheaded webui.

some additional tweaks I use for it in the attached picture.

This configuration summary:

• codec omx from Raspberry Pi hardware
    • output video 640x360,
    • ar 16:9
    • video bitrate 512 kbps
    • audio bitrate 128 kbps
    • audio resync (to handle some drop frames that could happen during reception of channels).

This profile is great for watching tv channels in a rmeote smartphone connected to tvheadend running in libreelec.

This profile can also be applied to record programmes with lower bitrates

With the change suggested, compilation for RPi4 failed:

- Compiled with:

PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi4 ARCH=arm make image

- Returned error. Log here:

Ubuntu Pastebin

Hi,

I tried to install it for TBS 5955. The installation was successful, without any visible error. But TVheadend doesn't show USB TBS 5955 tuner.

Can you help me, please ?

The patch that smp made seems to be only for 5520SE.

Maybe he could help with 5955 too ...

Btw, i've just updated the driver for the new kernel version that goes with last LE10 nightly builds (5.10.25).

https://mega.nz/file/MCpFVS6a#…hOBte5fIgANvTxg

Does Tvheadend have a way to transcode a recording from MPEG2 to H264 on disk (not on-demand via a stream profile)? I think that's the one thing it was missing for me when I looked at it a 4 or 5 years ago. I think it was hacky like MythTV's transcode, except the transcode solution I have in MythTV also broke commercial skipping.

Nope. For transcoding recordings I had to create an addon for kodi that uses nginx to serve a cgi that spawns ffmpeg to list and transcode files from a directory.

I’ve been using tvheadend for quite a while. Without major complains.

Good kodi integration.

Spawning ffmpeg for stream transcode and using m3u playlist to access the channels in my mobile devices. ( there’s a very good client for idevices in the Apple Store ).

Been keeping tvheadend updated with the nightly builds, or my own builds taken from GitHub.

It is true that no official new versions had Been released, but 4.3 betas are very stable.

No interest here in changing 😉

It's not trivial and there are other things with a higher priority right now.

And Alternatively won’t it be possible to keep omx/mmal decoding in LE10 as an option to the user ?

This could led to the ability to choose between DRM_Prime and omx/mmal in the settings and so to have deinterlace available (the quality is really worst in tv viewing without deinterlace when compared to 9.2.6).

I’ve been using le10 in a raspberry pi4..

No issues with tvheadend - I’ve just copied the config from the old tvheadend42 to tvheadend43

But I have a bad video payback due to the loss of deinterlace with the DRM_PRIME (received the info from another thread).

I just have 2 questions:

Will it be expected to have deinterlace ability in DRM_PRIME ?

Alternatively won’t it be possible to choose between DRM_Prime and omx/mmal, to have deinterlace available ?

(I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this, but i was looking for a specific LibreELEC 10 thread without success)8

I started testing LibreELEC 10 some days ago.

it is running on a Raspberry PI4.

Looking at kodi 19 menus, there is no deinterlace option available in LibreELEC 10.

Is this temporary ?

Or some way of enabling it in the advancedsettings.xml ?

Thanks

TBS 5520SE drivers for LIBREELEC 10 on Raspberry pi 4:

(updated for kernel 5.10.52)

Just download the zip file from this mega shared folder:

https://mega.nz/folder/cbwCARoR#jPgzah63psSCOtrwbt9gnQ

Unzip it to your Rpi4, make the install script executable and execute-it:

chmod a+x install-tbs.sh

./install-tbs.sh

NOTES:

How it was done ?

Compiled tbs 5520se drivers for libreelec 10.

to be mapped as kernel-overlays.

a) firmwares (*.fw) files in --> /storage/firmwares

These firmware files will be loaded as new firmwares.

b) driver (*.ko) files in --> /storage/.cache/http://driver.dvb.tbs/lib/modules/5.…/driver.dvb.tbs

These are the new drivers to be mapped over kernel-overlays directory.

c) 99-driver.dvb.tbs.conf --> /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays

Will instruct libreelec to map these *.ko files at boot time.

- To stop loading the drivers, delete the file:

/storage/.cache/kernel-overlays/99-driver.dvb.tbs.conf