Posts by Pretoriano

I never tried personally ,but it may be possible by editing :

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker/congig/docker.json

This is the line that yiu should try to modify ,by replacing the default path with your external drive:

Code
    DOCKER_DAEMON_OPTS="--data-root=/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker/docker"

After LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220925-b1d73ad whenever i turn my tv off for a couple of hours

or over night (i never shut my Pi 4 down, just reboot on ocasion when up or downgrading) and turn it back on it says No source, but all the leds on the Pi4 is flashing like normal.

If i downgrade to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220925-b1d73ad everything is back to normal,

i can shut down my tv over night and turn it on again in the morning and start watching movies as usual.

My Pi 4 boots from USB-connected SSD.

It seems like your issue is different than the one from the OP.

When you get the "no source" issue ,you can still reach the RPi4 thru SSH?

Have you tried to manually switch your TV sources (eg. From RPi4 to LiveTV and back to RPi4 input)?

If SSH connection is still working ,then you could try to restart Kodi via "systemctl restart kodi".If that works ,then it might be related to CEC ,not an usb issue.

However ,i will try to reproduce the issue on my RPi4 8GB + SSD boot.

Have you tried (for testing purposes ) to run the RPi4 from sdcard and only the 6TB HDD attached ?

That's what i would do first because it would take out some variables from the equation (especially regarding multiple USB devices connected to the RPi4 ).

BTW ,your 6TB is still on NTFS?

Yes,i'm using ARC because both RPi4 and TV output audio to the soundbar .

I also have CEC enabled and it switch automatically to ARC when i switch to Live TV ,or to HDMI when i switch to LibreELEC.

BTW,in CEC settings there's an option to set the connected device (TV or AVR).I don't know if it will make any difference ,but you can try .

The 1.2A cap on the USB ports is true and comes from the official sources .

If the Seagate it's self-powered than it's fine ,it doesn't suck any juice from the RPi4 .Here's are my recommendations:

1) Update the RPi4 bootloader (there where quit a few things USB related in the changelogs)

2) Disable Wifi and Bluetooth if you are not using them

3) If the Seagate is FAT32 or NTFS that might cause the corruption because those filesystem aren't playing nice with Linux.You might consider switching to EXT4 (at least to test if corruption occur with that too).

Well,i never thought about old cables.

It's a HDD ,a SSD or both?Probably it's a power issue ,my RPi4 can handle a single with a 5v 3A power supply ,but it struggles with a single HDD + Wi-Fi and the only way was to use an external powered USB hub.

If you can,try iperf3 (with server located on another local machine).Btw,i'm using a SSD here so that might also make the difference,especially if you are using a microSD card on your RPi4.Write speed on the microSD could be very low and that would be a bottleneck.

That's exactly why i recommended that test approach ,because it's the only way to rule out if there's a HW fault on your RPi4 or just some odd conflict/issue .

EDIT: Here are my iperf3 results with RPi4 8GB and Libreelec 10..0.2

Like others suggested ,try connecting (temporarily ,just to test) the RPi4 directly to the router/switch LAN and test again .If that works ,then the power line + RPi4 combo it's to blame.

Also test with Raspberry OS instead of LibreELEC ,with and without the power line .

Without proper testing it's almost impossible to know who's to blame .