Posts by blueplastic

Installed Libreelec on one of these: Amazon.com: Upgraded Mini PC,Intel Atom x5-Z8350 Processor Fanless 4GB DDR/64GB eMMC,Mini Desktop Computer Windows 10 Pro, USB 3.0,2.4G+5G WiFi/BT 4.2, HDMI VGA Outputs/Auto Power On, Mounting Bracket: Computers & Accessories

At first, wireless was working perfectly, it pulled an IP via DHCP. I was streaming Twitch.tv in 1080p, no problem. Goto bed, and the next day Twitch isn't working, so I reboot the PC and try to fire up a stream. Twitch complains HTTP GET isn't working, so I goto the network settings and see inet addr: 169.254.83.64. Nothing changed (to my knowledge) and all other wireless devices work fine (smart phones, laptops, samsung tablets, amazon kindle, etc).

I tried setting up static information but no dice, Twitch still doesn't work. Here's some data:

dmesg: https://clbin.com/hwbel

lspci: https://clbin.com/cizuj

Additional output:

I know it was working on wireless because I distinctly remember pointing out to my wife there's no longer an ethernet cable running across the floor while Twitch was playing.

Have you configured the audio settings in Kodi ?

I hadn't. I just did and so far both audio and video are working now. My prior Kodi experience comes from Xbian, which worked without any configuration changes necessary. This new piece of hardware is an x86_64 proc (not ARM) so Xbian is no longer an option, hence the switch to LibreElec. Which is working great now that audio and video work. Thank you!

What version of Libreelec did you install ?

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1.002.img

So with Xbian on a Raspberri Pi2, I was able to navigate Kodi using my TV's remote control. Is that possible with LibreElec?

Also, is there a way to launch a web browser? Chrome? Iceweasel/Firefox? I moved away from the PI because there are certain streams I'd like to watch that don't have Kodi add-ons, and for some reason I couldn't get Firefox or Chrome to run properly on the Pi.

Installed LibreElec on a Mini PC, Intel Atom x5-Z8350 Processor Fanless 4GB DDR/64GB eMMC,Mini Desktop Computer only to have YouTube videos (and probably others, haven't tested) stop after 3-5 seconds playing. Additionally, there's no audio, not even in the GUI (the usual clicks and such Kodi makes). It's plugged into a 1Gbps port, so it's not an issue with wireless signal strength.

Here's lspci:

Any suggestions?

Edit: Just installed the Twitch.tv addon from the official Kodi repo and same thing. Plays for a couple seconds and freezes. No audio. Kodi itself is still responding, I can pull up the menus, but the video stops playing.