Posts by mmpp

What's strange though is that the files do play albeit with a few glitches! Maybe they're not, the ones I'm playing, 10 bit files and it's something else?

It is the same with h.264 10bit files. The hardware decoder can make sense of some of the data (as it is similar in structure to 8bit encodings) and play it, but there will be artifacts when the 10bit encoded data values get interpreted as 8bit encoded: wrong colors, blocking and dropped frames when the decoder fails completely on a frame. This is why I am so happy that this wrong behaiviour has been changed in the latest S905 release so that kodi no longer uses hardware decoding on h.264 10bit files.

I have not been using the All Black MXQ for a while but updated today and am having issues playing H265 files in that
    i get artifacts and picture lockups with sound proceeding normally. Basically a dogs breakfast.
    Same file plays perfect on my s905 box.

Hi,

the S805 can only play 8bit h.265 with the VPU, but Kodi will try to play 10bit h.265 using the hardware as well. This will lead to artifacts and interrupted playback. Maybe your h.265 files are 10bit? You can check the media type in the player statistics that will show when you press the "o" key during playback.

I have not yet updated my S805 stick to the latest version, as it is mostly used by my family with Android, but I will check later this week with my test file collection. h.265 (8bit) worked fine with the version in my signature.

This tv box is to be located on other house and I need to connect to my home vpn, but so far didn't find out how to do it. Is it possible to install / config this box as a vpn client? My NAS can be configured to accept OpenVPN or PPTP connections.

A friend of mine used this: OpenVPN for Kodi

(but he was on x64, so please try and tell us if it works with the amlogic kernel )

It is good to hear that forcing RGB really does help with the problem. There is no newer Android firmware for my box, so I could not try.

Actually, patching the kernel is not too difficult. All you need is call

Code
    hdmitx_output_rgb();

in the hdmi driver at the right position (see the patch for the odroid c2 linked above). What is needed is a way to make this behaviour selectable - which is beyond my kernel foo.

I guess it is time to setup an ARM compile environment and do my own kernel :)

Next question, what is the deinterlacing quality like on the S905 for LiveTV?

Is there a higher quality deinterlacer available to use?

I am using it with interlaced dvb-s SD and dvb-s2 HD streams, quality of the deinterlacer is quite high and with HD better than the nvidia ion one.

You can select other algorithms if you switch to software decode, but then you are limited by the cpu.

Hello,

I have a suggestion. Could those affected by the bug please check:

* is VAAPI used for HW-accelerated playback or FFMPEG software? (press "o" key during playback to see the codec)
    * what is the setting for interlace in video playback properties? (can be found in video options during playback)
    * what is the setting for screen refresh rate change? (in system settings)

and test, if playback using

* use VAAPI / VDPAU: all options off
    * screen refresh rate change: on start/stop
    * deinterlace: off

is still stuttering?

If it should play well, you can change each option individually and maybe find out which is responsible.

You just delete the database files rather than use DROP DATABASE xxx; in mysql?
    Never done it that way, I just presumed it would / could cock something up within mysql.

There's definitely no need at all to delete sources. When the database is dropped the library's gone - so you just need to set content again and scan.

Kodi uses SQLite, if I remember correctly. With SQLite, deleting the corrupted files gets them re-created the next time kodi starts.

I found deleting and re-adding the sources easier to do during my experiments with Kodi, as it gave me a well-defined state to start from. But you are right, one could also just set the content and scraper again and start scanning.

How do I drop the database and rescan it? I renamed
    msql99.db to mysql99.db.backup and did a reboot, but
    then I have no "movie" or "tv show" with the add video
    button to add content/sources again.

Also, just starting "scan" with Yatse app did not start
    something.

Delete the database files, restart Kodi and delete and re-add the sources.

link removed

Well, there is your error:

Code
    12:53:00 T:546559750368 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos99.db] The database disk image is malformed
    Query: SELECT files.playCount, files.lastPlayed FROM movie INNER JOIN files ON files.idFile=movie.idFile WHERE movie.c09='tt1022603' AND movie.c07=2009 AND movie.idMovie!=1220 AND files.playCount > 0
    12:53:00 T:546559750368 ERROR: SetDetailsForMovie (smb://DISKSTATION/Video/Filme/(500) Days of Summer.avi) failed

I recommend deleting the file and rescanning your database.

The search function on this site is absolute crap! Can someone help me out and point me where I read about using the 'Reboot to Nand' option in skins other than Confluence ?

Hello,

just add "site:forum.libreeelec.tv" to your search terms to search the forums using google. Best result, from our thread here: LibreELEC

Reboot from nand is a binary ( /usr/sbin/rebootfromnand ) - if your skin allows you to execute binaries by selecting menu options or clicking buttons, you can add the functionality.