Posts by mmpp

I copy from nas to nas. So no nand,emmc,sd-card,usb pendrive or hdd concerned.
    And 40 mbit/s is soo slow
    My desktop made it 27MB/s
    My notebook 13 MB/s
    MiniMX 4 MB/s

Sorry I did not understand that you move files to and from the NAS. The problem could be duplex then - I still recommend to try to read from SMB to /dev/null to see if it is working if only one direction is active.

Hello,

the bottleneck of any file operation will always be on the MiniMX side: neither EMMC, SD-card or USB hard drives are fast enough to catch up to gigabit network. If you are fimiliar with the linux command prompt, try to copy the remote file from the NAS to /dev/null (essentially throwing away the data as soon as it arrives). This would give you an indication of the performance of SMB reads.

To really test network performance, one would have to use "iperf" (see iPerf - The TCP, UDP and SCTP network bandwidth measurement tool) or a similar cross-plattform tool for the MiniMX and your desktop.

Hello,

I had some time on the weekend to test things. Sadly, the forceRGB setting does not really help with the "pink effect". It still shows up, and only sometimes stopping and starting the video helps. I guess I was lucky in the first tests.

There is absolutely nothing in the kernel dmesg output. If someone were to create a kernel with debug messages for the hdmi handshake / link parameters, I would be happy to test and provide logs.

Hello! First post here, I know it has been asked many times, but... my MXQ PRO 4K doesn't show P200 neither P201 outside or inside the box. What's the way to discover this? I know I could try without fear, but... . Moreover I would like to know if someone could link me to a working TWRP for this box. Looks it has no BT, but nevertheless SPMC is working well on Android. First LE install, but I have OE on Sd on all my other boxes.

The SD install on your MXQ Pro is safe, even with a wrong device tree. Simply prepare the card, copy the most likely device tree file and rename as dtb.img, insert card into box and plug in power while pushing the hidden reset button in the A/V hole. Release button when Libreelec screen appears and wait for box to finish SD install.

Only if nothing happens or Libreelec cannot boot properly, remove card and change device tree file on your pc. No need to push button any more, as the SD boot option should already have been setup during the first run. If you notice any problems with LAN or WLAN later, you can try other dtb.img files.

I already write this not amlogic fault.
    With LibreELEC for x86, raspberry pi, amlogic all have this problem, but not with mp2/mp3/WAV sound, just with ac3.
    So just channels with 2.0,and 5.1 ac3 audio stream.

What usb dvb-s2 adapters use you?
    What fps channels, with what type of audio stream see you?

I use two USB TechnoTrend DVB-S2 3600 adapters.

I just tried again with ZDF HD (720p50, 5.1 AC3, Astra 19,2°E) and BBC 2 HD (1080i50, 2.0 AC3, Astra 2 28,2°E), with both PCM and passthrough (my TV accepts AC3 passthrough). No drops, no problems at all.

Maybe the source of the problem lies with the Wetek box and its tvheadend version or your network?

In the tvheadend web interface, you can open the debug window in the bottom to see all kind of messages. With some kernel/dvb driver versions I had a lot of continiuity errors and other trouble, which would lead to artifacts or dropouts on the playing device. Maybe it would be worth checking if the Wetek box reports any errors.

Hi,

I use a tvheadend server to provide dvb-s2 streams for all my devices. The server is a cubieboard with latest armbian and tvheadend git master.

I do not see the audio drops mentioned here. Did you try running kodi on a different platform in your network (windows notebook for example) to make sure the error is with the amlogic device?

Hello,

the "pink effect" is less frequent with forceRGB on, but still shows up sometimes. Unlike before, stopping and restarting playback fixed the issue in my tests. This makes it bearable in my case. I read in the release thread that one person with a Sony TV still sees the issue. In the odroid forum, the recommendation is to switch HDMI inputs on the TV once after forceRGB has been set; I will try that next.

I have a Mini M8S II (S905X) and 9 time out of 10, I get this:

As expected since HD audio passthrough is not an option.
    DTS HD plays in DTS.

On my S905, HD audio passthrough options are available in settings.

I connected the box to my home cinema setup (Denon AVR with 7.1 speakers) and tried several files.

• DTS, DTS:HD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital were passed through and played fine (had files with 2.0, 2.1, 5.1 and 7.1 channels)
    • AAC, flac were sent as multi-channel PCM and played fine (had files with 2.0 and 5.1 channels)

Multi-channel PCM 5.1 was correct setup with surround back speakers silent.

mmpp Can you provide ffprobe -show_streams output for videos that can't be HW decoded?

Only have one at hand now. I can search for more on the weekend, if neccessary.

The patch works nicely, thanks for adding this feature.

During my tests I noticed that hi10p movies with YUV 4:4:4 colorspace are still hardware decoded by kodi (completely black screen). These encoding settings are not common, and the S905 is too weak to decode these using software for anything beyond SD, but still it would be nice if it used software decode by default for those files.

If can provide links to samples, if you need.

Hi,

I just installed the latest libreelec version on my MK808B+ and tested HEVC playback over network. 8bit files played flawlessly and smooth, 10bit files are jerky and garbled. As S805 does not support HEVC Main10 encoded files, everything is working as intended.

If you want to find out if your own files are 10bit or 8bit, press "o" during playback and check the 3rd line. 10bit files will be marked as "HEVC (Main10)". You need an S905 box to play those.